What is the best thing to do...

B

BabyJohn87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So you are in a Tourny with 1000+ players, should you try and build up quick or wait it out till it slows down.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you are in a Tourny with 1000+ players, should you try and build up quick or wait it out till it slows down.
Play very tight at the beginning, only play premiums hands like AA KK QQ AK.

As you get to the middle stages loosen up a bit and try to build your stack.

If you have a big stack around the bubble try to bully smaller stacks and Limper's. :D

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the beginning just play TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA.. with 22,33,44.. just call.. dont make wrong calls..

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are tilting if you are trying to out pace the tournament. Usually the most amount of chips as a ratio are won at the final 3 tables or so.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice advices, but what if you are never dealt premium hands?At some point you have to call someone, so usually I obseve the table a while and if somebody goes all-in with every small pair or suited cards even 47, or J2, call him with every High Ace or higher pair. Not always, for sure, but don't wait until your blinds are eaten up and you have to play by force your givern cards.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice advices, but what if you are never dealt premium hands?At some point you have to call someone, so usually I obseve the table a while and if somebody goes all-in with every small pair or suited cards even 47, or J2, call him with every High Ace or higher pair. Not always, for sure, but don't wait until your blinds are eaten up and you have to play by force your givern cards.
I agree. If my blinds are getting ate up I start playing suited aces, suited connecters and small pairs.

Call with broadways also. :)

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're range can be wider during the beginning phases given the pot remains small. A lot of players limp early in a tourney to try and flop monsters. If the price is right play wider early but just don't get sucked in. Easier said than done I know. However, if you hit a monster hand early and get paid off you can always coast through to the middle stages of a tourney.