What is the best technique for playing a bounty tournament?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be passive and bluff as little as possible but still have not gotten good results. Here's your technique used in bounty tournaments. If you start aggressive, passive, bluff a lot ... comment here.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play aggressive,call in EP to call to see flop,try to see as many flops as u can and go from there,play the board,go for bounties:D Got to go for it! Good luck;)

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play aggressive, if possible do not bluff, attack the short stack players with top pairs our
premium hands, it is.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
>technique
>tournament poker
>bounties

Calculating...

0%
25% MALFUNCTION

no strategy found... COINFLIP 2 DA WIN

in 9-man sng BOUNTY TOURNAMENTS, ONE BOUNTY IS EQUAL OR TINY BI TMORE THAN THE THIRD PLACE PROFIT lol

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really sure but I think the ideal way to play it is being tight aggressive and a casual bluff if you have reads on your opponent.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
choose an aggressive style of play; to think uniquely, by changing your thinking format to an uncharacteristic one; determine and understand the strategy of the bounty of your opponents, in order to apply the information to your advantage in the future.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my normal game, I don't "headhunt", I find "headhunting" may get you a couple bounties before you get knocked out early too often.

I find that if I play to survive, the bounties are much larger later in the tourney, that's when the bounties are worth hunting.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play Bounty Tournament
To me, the best technique is patience
You play patiently for the first 15-20 minutes
during this time, many players will lose a lot of chips
then you choose moments and attack a small stack

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best technique is to play hard hard at the start and play more loose in the final stages and aggression.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in tournaments, at the initial stage, I try to play more calmly, and if possible, I look at each flop, in the middle stage, I change the strategy to a more aggressive, at the final table, only a fold-raise.

L

lagfishbilly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think for bounties you must calculate how much a bounty is worth in chips.
say you get 1000 starting chips and bounties are 20% of your buy in. 1 bounty = 200 chips. now lets pretend you have villians stack covered and he goes all in on the flop. you have a flush draw so you add 200 chips to the pot size to calculate if you are getting the right price to call.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go only with top pairs and bluff against small stacks, more sit, less play. More haste, less speed!

H

HalfordFairchild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is right

As in all forms of poker, I subscribe to the theory that "tight is right." It's more important to make final table and final three than win bounties, although when winning bounties you are also winning stacks. I'm more likely to isolate against a bounty by re-raising, or attacking them when they are short stacked. But mostly, I try not to let the bounties influence my game unduly.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As i`ve said before,why are you playing the Bounty format,but giving advice to `not` go for bounties?if your not getting bounties,your not playing it properly,simple as that.It`s silly to say your going to get bounties later? Why wait? I love it when i ko 3-4 guys and i have 100 BB`s,,,my buy-in is paid for and i`m freerolling,how dangerous am i now? C`mon,,,,,makes sense,no?:stupido2:

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Existence of knowledge. For a victory in poker it is insufficiently simple to know rules of the game. The knowledge needs to be updated constantly by means of articles about new strategy, analysis of disputable situations or just interesting cases from last tournaments. To consider such factor as a distance. Skilled players know that it is possible to receive the real prize only playing on a long distance. You should not hope for instant success, it is worth showing patience and to follow mathematically the correct game, throughout several tens, and even hundreds of distributions. Discipline. Game secrets in poker in tournaments or just in online consist, first of all, in self-discipline. It is impossible to afford weaknesses in the form of big rates "on good luck" or just hopes for inexperience of the rivals. Remember, a game becomes profitable only when all decisions go to plus to a prize. Not to do forecasts, and to set specific goals. Success at a poker table guarantees not only existence of knowledge and self-discipline, but also accurately set real object. The last means that the player has to understand the weaknesses and it is correct to use strengths for achievement of a certain result. If you the beginner, then it is silly simple to hope for a prize, it is necessary to estimate correctly the opportunities and to set a limit in number of hands which have to pass. It is necessary to participate in a tournament on poker only the holidaymaker and with good mood. The poker is a game where success secrets unequally suit all, in many respects their action depends on character, temperament and a spirit. However, one secret nevertheless is universal, for obtaining the expected result it is necessary to have precise mind and a well rested body. In bad mood or in not the best physical shape a game will become torture, but not pleasure.

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remembered a bounty tournament with 32 players and I received from 16 players bounty half of that tournament...its simple as that you have to hunt them or you will be hunted.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play aggressively and without bluffing. If the stack is large, you can switch to passive.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressive and try not to bluff.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive play to take out as many bounties as possible.

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
тайтовый метод самый оптимальный

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
While "aggression" is the general rule of thumb, you have to gauge it based on value of bounties vs payouts.

I once played in a freeroll where the payout was to advance to a next level satellite. As a bonus, they paid a $2 (I think) bounty on every knockout. It was some kind of boxing promo when Full Tilt was disappearing and merging into pokerstars. This is an extreme example, but the obvious strategy here was to jam every hand that presented a bounty opportunity. I did, and it worked. Seems folks were afraid to bust out of a freeroll with only a tourney ticket prize.:confused:

On the other hand, I've played in a home game where the buy in is $30 with a $5 bounty. In this situation, I try not to (at least not too obviously) be too extra aggressive until fairly juicy bounty opportunities present themselves. It's not worth it when the bounty is so small (<20% of buy in, a small fraction of first place payout). You do have to show down to win a bounty so it's not like you can just pretend you had a hand when you overshoved/overcalled.

I think the simple answer is "do not be passive". Amp up the aggression as is appropriate based on the money. If you're getting absolutely no cards, be aware that your "moves" may attract more push back than in a simple freeze out.

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stay calm breath in think hard, try to read the table as soon as possible and say a prayer for premium hands.

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that tight is right ,I´m with you

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't play trash cards, play good cards. I find people just shove with trash. Play little tighter than normal.

K

ktulu1975

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everytime you're lucky enough to hit the nuts, it usually pays to go all-in, even if you think it's totally obvious to your opponent you have the nuts, cause some people call thinking they're good anyway... ...although having written that, that seems obvious anyway...all-in as oppposed to making a value bet I think I mean...