What are the best poker tournaments to build your bankroll with?.

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I deposit £20 or $25 on pokerstars, what tournaments should I be playing for the greatest chance to build up to 100-180 dollar bankroll. I like the $3.30 bounty builders, but I feel like I'm missing a trick here..

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I deposit £20 or $25 on pokerstars, what tournaments should I be playing for the greatest chance to build up to 100-180 dollar bankroll. I like the $3.30 bounty builders, but I feel like I'm missing a trick here..
yes, this tournament is good, but you can take a closer look at 2.20 bounty tournaments with such a bankroll. Moreover, the guaranteed prize money can be almost the same as that of 3.30!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Information about bankroll management first...And if you like 3.30 bounty tournaments so much,then try playing through sattelites...Good luck...

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're just looking for a chance to run it up in a soft field, any larger-field tourney that shows up in blue or red in the lobby and/or begins with Big/Hot/Bounty Builder tends to be good for that purpose!

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips

50 cents 18 man is good , then move to 45 n 90 mans.. keep on playing cc freerolls . once you hit 100 bucks or even 50 bucks , you can have so many options. Please have a look at my 50$ starting roll post in bankroll challange section if you need brm guide . Hope that will help you . Best of luck

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer Sit & Go tournaments and MTT tournaments, but usually only due to a freerolls my bankroll increases. So I try to be an active member of the community to be able to take part in great freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your best chance of quickly turning 25$ into a small bankroll is to play roulette and put all your money on either red or black. If you win 2 times in a row, then 25$ has become 100$, and it takes less than a minute. Of course 3 out of 4 times you will go broke, but this will also happen, if you try to turn 25$ into 100$ playing 3,3$ MTTs.

A reasonable starting bankroll for the 2,2-3,3$ MTTs on PokerStars is 500$. With anything less than 500$ you should begin in the SnG section. 25$ is enough for the 25c 45-90 mans. Its possible to grind it up from there, but its going to take a very long time. Of course if you are just playing for fun, then do whatever you want. 25$ is enough to play 10 of the 3,3$ PKOs, if you win at least something like a few bounties. And then you can just deposit again, when the money is gone, and you still want to play.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is impossible to say exactly what would be the best game for you :). what is your experience of playing poker? What tournaments are convenient for you to play? Bounties are very attractive because there are rewards, but the game here will be more aggressive, a lot of dangerous and stupid players.. I would choose sng tournaments with up to 300 participants or simple tournaments with satellite selection with minimal entry. I think this is a good option if your Bank is not large. As you say $ 20-25.

C

craiggg123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ladbrokes and coral are doing a daily $1200 freeroll atm 20:05 english time

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this bankroll, I played single-table SNG for 1.5, 3.5 dollars (to support bankroll) and in parallel inexpensive tournaments for 2.2, 3.3, 1.1, sometimes 5.5 dollars. To just play a $ 3.3 bounty is a small bankroll. Good luck for you!!!!!!

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit n go and mtt very well for bankroll
And best hexapro.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest playing MTTs with smaller player fields, as well as those that are not turbos or hypers.. Those smaller, slower games are filled with more "normal play" and are therefore easier to navigate through..

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to build a bankroll is with freerolls. No entry fee and you can win real money.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have $ 20 in my account now! I try to stick to bankroll management and play tournaments up to $ 0.4 and freerolls naturally! in plans to rise to $ 30 and go to knockouts on pokerstars for $ 0.55

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For your bankroll management, you can start with Sit & Go 0.25 without playing turbo, hyper turbo and super hyper turbo.

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 25$ sit n gos are for sure the way to go,.. im a small micro player myself and even though its not much its just as enjoyable n exciting cashing in the money

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit & Go's are good for that. Well, for me it's... sometimes yes and sometimes no, but they are the ones that are most successful for me and there is something for everyone. ;)

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the info. - cardschat is the best

I have found this info very interesting. May use it myself

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're just looking for a chance to run it up in a soft field, any larger-field tourney that shows up in blue or red in the lobby and/or begins with Big/Hot/Bounty Builder tends to be good for that purpose!

this ^

50 cents 18 man is good , then move to 45 n 90 mans.. keep on playing cc freerolls . once you hit 100 bucks or even 50 bucks , you can have so many options. Please have a look at my 50$ starting roll post in bankroll challange section if you need brm guide . Hope that will help you . Best of luck

& also this ^

If I were you I would follow the advice of both of these members... even if they appear to be a bit contradictory.
I would 'mostly' stick to veltins approach but with additionally including a few of the larger field BountyBuilder tourneys. (ie. the $3 BountyBuilder @ 13:30 (ET) ) &/or the "HOT" tourneys & "BIG" (the Hot $2, Big $1, Big$3, etc.).

Ideally you should aim for having at least 100 buy-ins in your account if you're hoping to not need to deposit again (that's even if you are a good, winning player... due to variance). Some suggest to use 200 buy-ins as a guideline. BUT, if you're planning on depositing repeatedly then by all means play the $3 mtt's.

gl gl

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management