What is the best play AQ preflop?

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do u usualy go allin with this card if you have raise or reraise behind or you try to see the flop with this hand?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ussualy raise.
3bet is fine but you have to know your op.
calling 3bet/4bet is a no
and no shoves 100% you are easely dominated and have a coinlip at best

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ could be a trap hand sometimes, especially early on in a tournament so i dont get to attach to it even preflop. So depending on my position and my opponents i would act to suit. In the later stages of a tournament it is a rifle of a hand and would shove preflop depending on how deep i am in the tournament. But in the early stages you want to play it cautiously especially if there is a open raise or a 3-bet before you. If you are on the btn you can try open raising with it or attempt a 3-bet but just dont get to attach to it, be ready to re-evaluate and let them go if you have to

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is a complicated hand to play without position on the opponent, mainly to be aggressive against a tight player, but against aggressive players who rarely fold is a rather speculative hand but achieves nothing on the flop

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are we speaking about AQ off or AQ sooted? There is a difference. If you are referring in general, depending on stack sizes, at what point in the tourney you are in bb and opponent image, You should def have AQ sooted in all position as an open. If you are referring if AQ should be your calling range, that all depends.

if you are calling an aggressive opponent, than yes, definitely call and evaluate your position to the position of your opponent. Think of what your range is vs opponent's range and board texture. AQ does flop well against ranges.

One thing that to note for AQ or any "two cards" you hold, Aggression isn't based on your owned two cards, it's the board and your opponents tendencies that really paint a picture. AQ is just a range. Treat it no different than AK or AJ. Make sense?

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At an early stage of the tournament, the AQ hand is not dominant. I play it with a raise from the early position and 3bet with late in dependence on the opponents.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ is a beautiful hand, but it is not strong enough to play all in

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with AQ can be different, all depend on your position at the table how many chips and which players against you play . If your position after the big blind usually play AQ 3ББ on preflop if you have a stack less 10ББ Allyn

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG is 3Bet, in the middle position just call and in the botton all in if is suited :D this is just a simple way :))

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, here in such position you need to raise!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ is a good hand, i don't know what's best to play, only know how i play.
2~3bb to raise or call, if there are no players all-in, then i can slow play, if there are some players all-in, my opponent maybe AK, or packet pairs, then call or not depend on many condition, can't explain clearly.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, after the raise I fold this hand , but it all depends on stack and position

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depend of the opponents, and the stage of the game.

I usually rise 3 Bet.

if my A Q are Swited, i could go all in, but my possition on the table is very important. Never if i am UDG 1 or 2.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<10bb call any push, push
10-15bb push
15-30bb call any raises
30bb+ 3-bet

MasterTur

MasterTur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do u usualy go allin with this card if you have raise or reraise behind or you try to see the flop with this hand?

Man your question is very general ....
You can not discuss a hand with just the information you gave us.
What Buyin, how many BBs, Who is the opponent, what stage of the tournament (ITM, BUBLE, SEMIFT, FT, EARLY GAME?) Only with that information that you provided, does not give for an analysis.

Normally I open my hand without any problem, if someone opens before, you have to analyze several factors.
When discussing a move pass more information to us, because you can make a move with AQ at a time and can make another move at another time, it does not have a single way.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try not to go all in with AQ much less if my pocision is not the best, it is better to raise a little bet and see the flop

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is no coincidence that the pros call A-Q — the most problematic starting hand in poker. Her superior only 5 combinations, but to win with A-Q — is not easy. In early position before the flop with this hand it is impossible to be active and aggressive. The analysis showed chance A-Q on the flop, wins this combination less than half of the cases, especially if the opponents have "monsters". One of the most common mistakes beginners, the receiving pocket ACE-Queen, is blind aggression. To do raises with A-Q it is advisable from middle or late position. In accordance with the basic rules, you will save and multiply your bankroll.