What about you... And, why?

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I miss 2 out of 10 freerolls for which I register because something unexpected comes along. I fail to finish 3 out of 10 games because I get called away. In the end, I only complete 5 out of 10 games. What about you....? And, why...?

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this happens a lot. I know it happens to me, important phone call, neighbor drops by. The disadvantage of playing at home.

ZerchGarza

ZerchGarza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time I missed a freeroll was because a couple of guys showed up unexpectedly with beer and snacks lol. Totally made me foget about it, otherwise I would have kicked them out :p (jk).

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the timing is bad on the 15:00 game for CC in poker stars - always has been , I am sometimes finishing work - I work at home, and then I can only play for about an hour - if I last that long as I have our meal to make -thus cook2cards.
I usually have meals, or need to go outside for a butt - we only smoke outside ...
Always something , I also watch tv while playing and sometimes the game is not as interesting as the show I am watching !!!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its something i really can stop. But if im playing major tournaments or serious cash games i lock my door and dont answer the door. Dont answer the phone either, only through text to see if its something serious.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are easy to walk away from because you have no stake in them, i started a $10 freeroll on lunch break at work one day, turned my 1500 starters into over 8k, then quit and went back to work. When i got home, i noticed i placed in the money in the freeroll and had a good laugh about it. I walk away alot because someone stops by or the wife finds something for me to take care of around the house. I generally play on my laptop in the living room or around the kitchen table - but if i am playing a serious game i go to our office room and shut the door

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

Yes its also happening to me .Unexpected things during poker can remove you from playing .Sometimes is your friends needing help ...othertimes is more serious ... like car accident .

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of times I just miss the start by accident--either by enough to be outside of late registration, or else not and I just refuse to late register. It's a particular problem on weekends, I just can't seem to remember that those freerolls start at 5 instead of 8 PM. And yes, it's VERY difficult for me to set aside enough uninterrupted time for an MTT in general.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes also miss freerolls, but that's when I need to help my wife or when friends come to me and we drink beer or other situations when I need to put poker in the background!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank God my tournaments start at 22.00 and I'm almost 99% no one interferes with playing. I try to watch the film at the same time.

Wiltz82

Wiltz82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve missed a lot of hands some which were really good hands due to help out with stuff around the house helping with kids get them lunch or dinner or whatever it may be but I try to play when I can distractions or not I still have fun playing

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It happens. Sometimes I also skip the tournaments in which I was scheduled to take part. But I am not upset and continue to stubbornly improve my skills to improve my game.
Good luck.

S

shinoda9122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the timing is bad on the 15:00 game for CC in Poker Stars - always has been , I am sometimes finishing work - I work at home, and then I can only play for about an hour - if I last that long as I have our meal to make -thus cook2cards.
I usually have meals, or need to go outside for a butt - we only smoke outside ...
Always something , I also watch tv while playing and sometimes the game is not as interesting as the show I am watching !!!

some budy talking to me she s realy cook2cards ?
:eek::eek::eek:

S

shinoda9122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all

Hi Shinoda here. I am from Mongolia and I play since this year 2009 for fun and since 2018 studying and going deeper in all technics.:wavey:

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, life gets in the way a lot of the time. I've had to walk away from many tournaments because of issues that needed immediate attention. That's why professional players recommend cash games for the flexibility and freedom. Tournament players are tied to the tournament for its entire duration which can inhibit your hourly rate and win rate.

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stake Post

I made a stake post a few days ago not for a large amount. I still think it can be profitable but yet not much interest has been shown in it and I am curious why? I am pretty sure that i can do well in it. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance :)

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I miss quite a few free rolls especially on weekends. Family time. Kids and wife are priorities. That's what I like about free rolls no money lost, just maybe no money won.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I manage to plan games at the club as they go at night in my time zone and early in the morning.
at this time no one distracts me from the game.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, that happened. The good news is, a lot of freerolls out there

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the timing is bad on the 15:00 game for CC in Poker Stars - always has been , I am sometimes finishing work - I work at home, and then I can only play for about an hour - if I last that long as I have our meal to make -thus cook2cards.
At least you can register and not bother to play without hassle . Us underlings have to sit on the edge of our seats , after setting an early morning alarm wake up , waiting to get the pass word , and then making our minds up ; the TV is more entertaining . Lucky You. :playingba

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really have time to spare to play comfortably. But that's when I'm really excited to play a tournament and I just do not want anyone to bother me, something comes up

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
on November 4 starts the daylight saving time here in Brazil, this change in schedule leaves me very sordid and confused, I miss many games because of this change

HamSamick

HamSamick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've have a screen printing and sign making business at home for the past 18 years, so i just tell my boss to take a hike lol.
No, my season has pretty much come to an end until spring, so i have the time to kill.
I have to keep my wood stove going during the winter....i can see that being an issue though lol. I don't like to play mobile, laptop for me. And the touchpad has caused me to call when i didn't want to more than once....that's my biggest snafu right now.
Maybe i'll start using the function keys.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I miss 2 out of 10 freerolls for which I register because something unexpected comes along. I fail to finish 3 out of 10 games because I get called away. In the end, I only complete 5 out of 10 games. What about you....? And, why...?

Yeah that happens to the best of us. For me it's mainly having to push out some freerolls in exchange for completing college work.