What a day what a day

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played in four tourneys this morning. Hand count for the day is so far is 314. Looks like I have played 41 hands. Went to showdown 28 times. I have won 1 hand today.

Your probably saying why is this guy writing about this? I have made it to step five for Venom. I have waited all week to get enough players to play and i was told Saturday is the best time to get the numbers.

You ever just feel nothing is right? That lady luck is sitting out today? Now take it i don't have my lucky hat (which i always have on for poker). Am i just superstitious?

You agree it might be a good day to wait for step five? Am i just over doing it? I think if I'm asking this many questions my mind might not be in the right place. Hate to waste a good ticket.:fight:

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are the guy saying "32o all-in is the new Thing in poker", Right?
so I guess you had no luck with 32o that day :p

but first of all, congrats on reaching 5/6.

I think those guys are just above your Level and they just exploit you + being carddead is no help either.
If you went to Showdown 28 times and lost 27 times, it is not only because you are not getting the Right Cards.
Do you have an example for some Hands?

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are the guy saying "32o all-in is the new Thing in poker", Right?
so I guess you had no luck with 32o that day :p

but first of all, congrats on reaching 5/6.

I think those guys are just above your Level and they just exploit you + being carddead is no help either.
If you went to Showdown 28 times and lost 27 times, it is not only because you are not getting the Right Cards.
Do you have an example for some Hands?

You know honestly i can say i never played 3,2 until it crushed me twice in tourneys. They have a staggering win rate. Even when they lost they hit beautifully. Just cant seem to incorporate it into my cash tables. Never would i use it live. Started out a joke that just keeps giving.

As for me I am not tight or loose. I can say online i have been card dead a few times and even wrote a thread about it. Online gives plenty of playable hands. That particular day i was set mining to often, specially since i didn't hit any. Aces cracked i think twice and kings cracked on a river. I only play connected suited low cards and none hit. and missed all flips. Doesn't make you card dead just on the losing side. My aggression keeps people trying to keep pots at a minimal. Or i probably wouldn't of seen as many rivers.

My son is the computer wiz. Even tho i don't use the tracker my son does. He even pulls my cards and does pretty graphs and all. Just not my cup of tea. He kills online But hes terrible in live play. He gives me a hard time because he plays all day bragging about his small but steady gains. I laugh because i win more in five hours at the card house than he does all week.
I like when other players devalue me because it makes for interesting conversations when it done. Maybe some day our paths will cross on the table. Then maybe, just maybe you can educate me . But remember its hard for old dogs to learn new tricks. See ya at the tables:D

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That particular day i was set mining to often, specially since i didn't hit any. Aces cracked i think twice and kings cracked on a river. I only play connected suited low cards and none hit. and missed all flips. Doesn't make you card dead just on the losing side.

Oh sorry, I kinda misread your post.
well then you should crack their Aces next time ;)

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The variance in 4 tournaments is infinite. You should focus on things you can control: the hours of study, the number of tournaments, the concentration on them, etc. The results will come as a result of doing all this well.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
4 tournament is nothing in the grand scheme of things and being card dead through them happens to us all. Its does stink when it happens but what can you do. Just remember the next time you are running super hot this downturn and it will help put thinks into perspective.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Lol, if somebody write somthing like this in poker chat, i usually just say: "happens..." )))

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right about the hat maybe. Chris Ferguson's hat might help on a day like this.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys it all good. i was trying to decide if i wanted to test fate and play my high roller ticket is all. it wasn't a bad beat coarse. I chose to wait since i just wasn't feeling it. better to wait when the mind is good. no rush:beerglass:beerglass:beerglass:beerglass:beerglass:icon_clow