Weighing your decisions.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk me through your inner dialogue during decision making. Give the How and why to your answers where possible please. Thank you

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can speak out loud and it helps for a good game, in online tournaments, stops you from rash acts ..I think aloud with what cards on this flop the opponent can play, whether it is necessary to throw off cards or to prefer to intimidate the opponent.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually make decisions quickly. In rare cases, I can think about making a decision. I play for a long time and therefore sometimes I just bet reflexively.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Decision is something you take considering the continuous study of the other players and the study of the game from mathematical point of view. Then you must use your mesure and decisiveness!

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What position am I in? How many players are at my table? How many remain in the whole tournament? How many players are in the hand? What are the blinds? What is my stack? Of the players to my right, how many are still in the pot and did they raise or call? What are their stack sizes? How have they been playing? What could their actions in this hand mean? What are the stack sizes of the players to my right? What kind of players are they? How are they likely to react to the previous action in the hand and the action I choose? What cards do I have?
Some of the answers to these are easy and some are not. Which question is most pertinent depends on the exact situation; as a simple example, having position is far more important when 9-handed than 3-handed.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decision is something you take considering the continuous study of the other players and the study of the game from mathematical point of view. Then you must use your mesure and decisiveness!
Please read the question and revise your answer. Thank you

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually make decisions quickly. In rare cases, I can think about making a decision. I play for a long time and therefore sometimes I just bet reflexively.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can speak out loud and it helps for a good game, in online tournaments, stops you from rash acts ..I think aloud with what cards on this flop the opponent can play, whether it is necessary to throw off cards or to prefer to intimidate the opponent.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What position am I in? How many players are at my table? How many remain in the whole tournament? How many players are in the hand? What are the blinds? What is my stack? Of the players to my right, how many are still in the pot and did they raise or call? What are their stack sizes? How have they been playing? What could their actions in this hand mean? What are the stack sizes of the players to my right? What kind of players are they? How are they likely to react to the previous action in the hand and the action I choose? What cards do I have?
Some of the answers to these are easy and some are not. Which question is most pertinent depends on the exact situation; as a simple example, having position is far more important when 9-handed than 3-handed.
Thank you so much for this answer, it appears that you are the only one that actually read and understood the question before answering.
Yea I as a lot of those questions myself but did you mean players to your left or (left to act) players to your right will have already acted when it gets to you.

What is the most important question you ask yourself?

For me personally, it's what is the value of doing X?
Then I weigh the pros and cons quickly before making my decision.

When you look at how many people are left in the field, how does this information affect your decision?
I personally try to focus less on the field unless I'm looking at how many left till the bubble so I can start looking for how people adjust.

Once again thank you for taking the time out to answer the question

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players to your left are still to act so you have to consider what they might do. Players to your right have acted so you have to consider what their action meant (not so important if they folded).
It's impossible to say one question is most important, all of the questions are relevant in the majority of spots, but each question's individual relevance changes from spot to spot, as in the simple example I gave about position. Another example would be that early in a tournament everyone has a similar and healthy stack, and the blinds are small so less worth stealing, so I require better pocket cards to get involved than late on where I might be trying to survive the bubble/apply pressure to shorter stacks/extend a chip-lead/etc.
I would say all of these small questions I ask are working towards finding an answer to your question of "what is the value of doing X?" where X is to fold/call/raise.
Regarding the field size I think you're right. It only becomes important when we're nearing the bubble/final table/pay jump/etc. and yes I'm looking at how (if at all) my opponents are reacting to the progression of the tournament, if they're changing their style, using different styles against different opponents and so on.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talk me through your inner dialogue during decision making. Give the How and why to your answers where possible please. Thank you
I'm an idiot for refusing my inner decisions. I act on impulse and it has improved my life.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you so much for this answer, it appears that you are the only one that actually read and understood the question before answering.
Either I am a fool or you have not indicated the meaning of your question. Where is the question of the game? Do you have a question about the correct decision is unclear. When will people correctly learn to Express their thoughts?

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either I am a fool or you have not indicated the meaning of your question. Where is the question of the game? Do you have a question about the correct decision is unclear. When will people correctly learn to Express their thoughts?
You're on a poker forum genius. Unless stated otherwise, every question is a poker related question so perhaps your self analysis about being a fool is accurate.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have just jotted down these questions and added some more to the effective stack!!
Since I intend to reduce the number of screens I play, I will place audible notes with self-questioning and thus evaluate how to play a particular play.

So trying to improve the quality of the game, increasing my focus and success on lucrative plays.:heeeellll

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There’s a YouTube seminar where Phil Gordon explains science of game about 45mins worth looking up as he gives you questions you should ask urself pre and post flop - big help for me

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the odds and outs immediately. Then when you open I think about what my opponent is now very lucky and I lose.
If I lose I used to think what could be my stack in case of victory. And, as if for me was developing the game in case my win.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There’s a YouTube seminar where Phil Gordon explains science of game about 45mins worth looking up as he gives you questions you should ask urself pre and post flop - big help for me

ok , i will see!