Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Last night I was discussing with my wife our way of playing mtt tournaments (you remember that we almost always play freerolls and very low buy in tournaments, that is cents).
Normally we play to enter prizes, so many times, especially near the bubble, we fold strong hands, speculating that itm will shrink and scratch the prize places.
Now you will say: and what does this have to do with the HU of the Sunday Million?
Yesterday I found out on Facebook that an Argentine player was in the top four of Sunday and decided to enter Fulltilt (from my country I cannot enter pokerstars) to see how this final table was developed.
The Argentine finished second earning more than $ 90000 if I remember correctly and, my fantasy mind imagined being in that HU. How does it feel to be at the door of glory? Adrenaline must be tremendous.
I definitely want that. At this time I only have a first place in Tony Bet and several final tables, but 10 years ago I won some tournaments, even my wife won one (always freerolls, I'm sure).
My question for you is: playing speculatively, the way I do it, can I achieve my dream? Or should I start risking more, even at the risk of not entering prizes?
It will be an honor and pleasure to read your opinions, comments and advice.

Thank you for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Last night I was discussing with my wife our way of playing mtt tournaments (you remember that we almost always play freerolls and very low buy in tournaments, that is cents).
Normally we play to enter prizes, so many times, especially near the bubble, we fold strong hands, speculating that itm will shrink and scratch the prize places.
Now you will say: and what does this have to do with the HU of the Sunday Million?
Yesterday I found out on Facebook that an Argentine player was in the top four of Sunday and decided to enter Fulltilt (from my country I cannot enter Pokerstars) to see how this final table was developed.
The Argentine finished second earning more than $ 90000 if I remember correctly and, my fantasy mind imagined being in that HU. How does it feel to be at the door of glory? Adrenaline must be tremendous.
I definitely want that. At this time I only have a first place in Tony Bet and several final tables, but 10 years ago I won some tournaments, even my wife won one (always freerolls, I'm sure).
My question for you is: playing speculatively, the way I do it, can I achieve my dream? Or should I start risking more, even at the risk of not entering prizes?
It will be an honor and pleasure to read your opinions, comments and advice.

Thank you for always being there.

Thank U 4 Posting.

No reward comes without risk.

To win at tournaments you must want to lose min cashes rather than fold away good opportunities. The money that you need to be in the Sunday million comes from you final tabling a lot of tournaments at the lower buy-ins.

We do not do this by folding to get the minimum. We do it by being aggressive when others will fold and by getting all-in when we have good equity on the bubble.
On the bubble if we have AA or KK and it will be a 3 way all-in if we call. We call.

If on the bubble we have a strong draw like KcQc on Jc10h4s board and we think the villain has the J when the V bets we raise get it all-in. If we are sub 50 BB's of course.

If we have a combo draw like 9c8c on Jc10h4c and we know that the V has AA we know it. We check raise get it all-in sub 50BB's

Are we going to lose sometimes yes. When we win though we compete for the gold, top 3 spots.
We want to put 35bb all-in in good spots so if we win we have 70bb.
Even if everyone else has 35bb
We want to have 70BB

Playing at the lower stakes we want to make our raises bigger.
We want to make 3x raises not 2x raises then when we are 3 bet we want to make larger 4 bets not small ones.

So we have 35bb AK
We raise 3bb
V 3 bets to 9 bb
If we know we want to get all-in vs most of the field when they 3 bet.

We should 4 bet the AK all-in.

When we lose and we will lose, we just play another tournament.

Hope this helps
:):)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

No reward comes without risk.

To win at tournaments you must want to lose min cashes rather than fold away good opportunities. The money that you need to be in the Sunday million comes from you final tabling a lot of tournaments at the lower buy-ins.

We do not do this by folding to get the minimum. We do it by being aggressive when others will fold and by getting all-in when we have good equity on the bubble.
On the bubble if we have AA or KK and it will be a 3 way all-in if we call. We call.

If on the bubble we have a strong draw like KcQc on Jc10h4s board and we think the villain has the J when the V bets we raise get it all-in. If we are sub 50 BB's of course.

If we have a combo draw like 9c8c on Jc10h4c and we know that the V has AA we know it. We check raise get it all-in sub 50BB's

Are we going to lose sometimes yes. When we win though we compete for the gold, top 3 spots.
We want to put 35bb all-in in good spots so if we win we have 70bb.
Even if everyone else has 35bb
We want to have 70BB

Playing at the lower stakes we want to make our raises bigger.
We want to make 3x raises not 2x raises then when we are 3 bet we want to make larger 4 bets not small ones.

So we have 35bb AK
We raise 3bb
V 3 bets to 9 bb
If we know we want to get all-in vs most of the field when they 3 bet.

We should 4 bet the AK all-in.

When we lose and we will lose, we just play another tournament.

Hope this helps
:):)

Hello my friend.

Thank you very much for your comment, opinion and advice. It is really an excellent answer to my newbie uncertainty.
I will try to apply the concepts that you have poured into your publication.

Thanks a lot again.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I could not say it any better than EETENOR did but everything he said was accurate. The most important thing is to lose that min cash mentality. While getting the cash is good the top prize is where the money is. I go out more often than I want on the money bubble but taking those calculated risk is why when I do cash i go deeper into events than many played do. Best of luck to you.