VPIP to Range Charts

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know if there is a good simple visual calculator in existence, where one could convert VPIP HUD stats into actual ranges?

I know there are some charts out there, but I'm looking for something a bit more closely relative to VPIP percentages, per position if possible.

Any help is much appreciated!

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any range calculator or range designer can help you. Place the number and mark the hands that enter that range, although, the hands enter according to the priority given to them and there are several ways or 'methods' to define these priorities. However, they are all quite similar. You can try Equilab, it's a very powerful free tool that works for several things like a range calculator. Holdem viewer is also used exclusively to build hand ranges. Both are free software

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VPIP percentages, per position if possible.

Try this is free and there's a lot more to studying as you can see :icon_thum

Attachments

• Openchart.jpg
    Openchart.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 58
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Note that this only works for those who play the right “math” poker.

The range that Equilab calculates is justified by mathematical calculations of the strength of the hand, but many players think differently. The more VPIP percentage you specify, the wider range of hands you should allow. There are players who pay more attention to suited connectors, but will not play weak aces (<A9o). You must mark such details and write notes on these players, regarding their deviation from the standard equilab range.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Note that this only works for those who play the right “math” poker.

The range that Equilab calculates is justified by mathematical calculations of the strength of the hand, but many players think differently. The more VPIP percentage you specify, the wider range of hands you should allow. There are players who pay more attention to suited connectors, but will not play weak aces (<A9o). You must mark such details and write notes on these players, regarding their deviation from the standard equilab range.

Thanks! This is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

Also appreciate the software recommendations above.

Any study material/guides for helping me get better at those calculations to use alongside the software, that you guys can recommend? I have a general idea, but it's pretty broad.

My current goal is increasing my understanding of these aspects, so that I can re-read my Matthew Janda book with better knowledge, and absorb the material to a nicer degree. :)

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so that I can re-read my Matthew Janda book with better knowledge, and absorb the material to a nicer degree. :)

Oh, I did not read this book, and did not even know that it exists. There are many ways in poker, and many of them lead to a goal.

Try experimenting with an equiLab program — set the most common VPIP values (you probably already have some player statistics). Try to average the values within 3-5%. There is no need to calculate individual ranges for 20.3% and 20.7%. All the same, these are rather conditional parameters, and taking into account the above, they still do not guarantee 100% accuracy of the villain’s range.

Build ranges for 10-15, 15-20, 20-25, 25-30 and so on. This will be enough to understand how the latitude of the range changes.