Videos of Early Tournament Stages?

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any televised recordings of early tournament stages out there? Preferably ones where you can watch top players play early tables?

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are there any televised recordings of early tournament stages out there? Preferably ones where you can watch top players play early tables?

This is a good question as it is certainly tough to find these types of videos since very mainstream coverage typically starts deeper into the tournaments. I believe you’d have the most luck looking for super high roller tournaments such as the old Alpha 8 tournaments, and possibly pokergo will have archives.

If you’re looking for these because you want to study up for your own early tournament poker game, keep in mind that, (particularly in large field, deep-stacked tournaments), the play will be very similar to cash games given that ICM concerns are far away at that point. So you could watch cash games as well to help you hone your early tournament poker strategy.

Hope this helps! :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I've seen and I'm looking characters poker !!! and they have helped me enough in the game to improve myself and continue my training !!!

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredibly useless video. The early stage is extremely long and tedious, as there are no difficult decisions. Sluggish process with the expectation of better hands :rolleyes:
Can and meet separately taken hands on consideration, but and the i in doubt

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good question as it is certainly tough to find these types of videos since very mainstream coverage typically starts deeper into the tournaments. I believe you’d have the most luck looking for super high roller tournaments such as the old Alpha 8 tournaments, and possibly pokergo will have archives.

If you’re looking for these because you want to study up for your own early tournament poker game, keep in mind that, (particularly in large field, deep-stacked tournaments), the play will be very similar to cash games given that ICM concerns are far away at that point. So you could watch cash games as well to help you hone your early tournament poker strategy.

Hope this helps! :)
Amazing. Thanks! :)

Incredibly useless video. The early stage is extremely long and tedious, as there are no difficult decisions. Sluggish process with the expectation of better hands :rolleyes:
Can and meet separately taken hands on consideration, but and the i in doubt

I just want to witness negreanu and phil ivey wrecking noobs lol, I consider that high entertainment value [emoji1]

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker

I have tried to find videos that show early stage play but the best that ive encountered are watching players like easywithaces, lexveldhuis and other good twitch players that give you some information on how experienced people play, however this is online. Some include live coverage but I havent checked if its since early stages