using maximum time

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the unwritten rules of spending maksimum time at every hand.

Is it a good/bad way to make others getting frustrated?:rolleyes:

Is it a possible way to live longer in leaderboard mtts?

Are there any written rules about timespending?

Or is it just a destroy of the game?:mad:

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
overall this just upsets fish more than good players, so if you want bad players to get frustrated and leave, then sure go for it.

Doing things that help keep the fish interested is great for the poker economy in general!

And no, it won't help you move up leaderboards, you still have to play good poker, you just get to see slightly less hands when you do this.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's lame. Fwiw, I don't remember even one time when I've seen a truly good player do this.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no grudge at all with this strategy because Im habitually on the bubble or near the bubble.
If I see someone writes "zzzzzz", then I know that guy has less patience at all.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have used the time bank with the nuts only a few times online, against an extremely tempered player that started a flame war with me in the chat.

That is the only time I will slowroll.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have used the time bank with the nuts only a few times online, against an extremely tempered player that started a flame war with me in the chat.

That is the only time I will slowroll.
This isn't slowrolling. it's slow play

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't see anyone doing this purposely for strategic purposes. Consider the fact the most online players are multi tabling, they may not even notice. Only tip I can give you is to take the same amount of time when making a decision, but letting it get down to 1 every play is a douchebaggy move

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
O don't think there is any "rule" about this, written or unwritten. It is annoying to others at the table, so if you want to be know as an annoying jerk, go for it. Also jerks are those who complain or go zzz, it is best to just ignore it. There is a different dynamic, however, as we approach the bubble. I sympathize with the player who takes all possible time in hopes that someone on another table will go out and put him in the money.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why need spend time, you have to play the final table, but that would not win few BI. I think who spend time this player in tilt , and this very exploted, stealing very profitable vs this player with any cards.

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you recognize bad players on the table it's a good strategy to get them tilt, just be sure to play cautious the next hands since they will try to kick you, but that's the point.

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this sometimes in tournament for stick in paid place when its late level and i am on shortstack

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a part of MAIN strategy in sattelites!)

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There`s nothing wrong in spending max time to make your decision. It can be rly tough in many situations. Sometimes I spend max time when I make bluffs but I always get called. It seems making a rly fast bet/re-raise when bluffing is more profitable.(in my experience).
Spending full time can be a strategy to bore or tilt other players. I know every1`s getting mad when 3 players before you use time bank. Usually playing multi-tables a player can ignore slow played hands and concentrate on others.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends if you are place 90 and 100 is bubble its ok to do that... Or on timed tourneys,but if you get 62o and u wait max time just to fold than you are uber donk,idiot,tard,etc and u deserve to lose every time you play...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the bubble it s ok to use the maximum of the time , either if you are a good tight player you will need to get more preflop hands to play your best hands and to avoid bingo plays.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your wasting valuable time to be chipping esp if it's early and fish are still about.

I

itrade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh it really pisses me off when people use max time it pisses me off so much i do it on every friken hand after

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unwritten rules mean there's no rules. You have your time, you can do whatever you want during it, nobody can say you are playing wrong and you should act quicker. Sometimes in tournaments I see some people using their all time just to get in the money. Kinda unethic, but legal.

T

teplovoz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have good card after turn time will help you win more cash)

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why would you want to waste time unnecessarily in every other hand. There is no such thing as spending maximum amount of time and going deep either in a tourney or leaderboard. It will just be downright annoying for other player at the table.

If you are talking about not giving away online tells then let me tell you that you want to be taking a set amount of time - say 5 seconds for making every decision. the reason for doing this is that it will not give away any tells if you do this every time and it won't be annoying either. When a player make a quick decision it can give a tell about the strength of the hand so here is where you can develop a slight edge.

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all very much.

Now I have a good idea of what I can use the time for.

Tilt bluff non bluff etc.

And I now when its a good idea to use or not to use timeframe.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm just playing a tournament is very difficult I use too much time, but I see countless players spending a lot of time to play a single hand to play. Some do it to annoy, others really need this time to make their calculations.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you believe you have an advantage over the field, you are hurting yourself by wasting time.

Each hand allows you to leverage your edge, so why would you want to lower the number of hands you play>?

Also, its annoying.

Also, you are hurting your whole table bc the more hands the more chips flying around and GENERALLY the deeper everyone gets as compared to the field.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel it is a good strategy for you, then go for it but as others have said above, try to maintain a regular time frame.
On the plus side, many players are multi tabling so if you see the timer running down and you are in position, sometimes it is good to raise.
All depends on you really what and how you want to play. If people get mad then they get mad, that's just tough, it's part of the game.