Turbo or regular tournaments ?

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, well the question is simple, I wanted to know what is more profitable for you or what kind of tournaments you have more fun playing if the shift style or regular

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer normal turnaments more fun less risk then turbo

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now I prefer regular tournaments because with Turbo and the faster pace of play, I don't have the luxury of being patient and folding for a better spot. I think regular paced events therefore feature more skill and less luck - Turbo makes it much more likely to simply be blinded out for getting card dead etc.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't also mention that Turbo could most certainly be profitable. Many players specialize in faster paced structures and because the blinds are going up faster, then you are bound to get more action for the same hands versus regular speeds.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer turbo tournaments, I prefer it to end sooner, especially when I play at night. But you can't always pick and choose, sometimes your favorite tournaments are in normal gear.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
tournerments

i feel more comfortable playing regular tournaments this gives you more time to read your opponents and play premium hands

sit and go's i can play turbo

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to play turbo and regular tournaments. even if the role of variance is more important on turbo mtt. the blinds increase faster. we have to be more aggressive to gain chips and have an average stack.

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello people, well the question is simple, I wanted to know what is more profitable for you or what kind of tournaments you have more fun playing if the shift style or regular

Really depends on my mood and if I am playing multiple tables. If multiple tables, I want no more than 2 turbos running along any number of reg timed games.

I would say it is pretty even for turbo and reg, however the shove factor definately comes sooner and has larger impact in a turbo. But the benefit with a turbo is that once near the money, I am capable of reaching it more often due to ability to using timer effectively as I have grown use to the long waits at a reg game.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular game is much much better for me. In turbo u have to go quickly allin many times to get right stack for this kind of game and not loose.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have time for it then regular (possibly Deep Stack) if you don't have enough time then you can come to the turbo as well.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only regular
in turbo you moslty rely on cards than on your game

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not like turbo tournaments. I prefer tournaments where the blinds grow every 10 minutes. Such slow tournaments are the most profitable for me.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I like the smooth structure of tournaments. In such tournaments, it seems to me that winning depends least of all on luck. You can reflect, expect a better hand, and study your opponents. Of course, it can be boring to play slow tournaments, but you have a better chance of winning if you have enough knowledge of poker. But the turbo is more for fun, they are fast, more hands are played. But there are a lot of players who make good money at such tournaments. Perhaps the player's own temperament also plays a role?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both types, and it depends on the amount of time I have to play. Sometimes, I get impatient...then, I prefer turbo...if I have the computer to myself for the whole day, and my wife does not need to look up recipes for dinner, I prefer slower play.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play all formats, but still I have better results in regular tournaments! Although dynamic structures gather more weak players, any mistake there can be fatal!

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
For time reasons I always choose to play turbo tournaments, are faster and it is easier to get to the bubble and look for prizes.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

I have always liked regular tournaments, in them I can play freely enjoying each play, choosing the best moments. Lately I am also adapting to the turbo tournaments, the fast and timely game!
Health for all :D

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
turbo

I play in both but like turbo tournaments as there isn't as much slow play and people using up their time bank hand after hand. With the quickness of play most people playing are in one game at a time and play quicker then in reg. games

GL ALL! :D

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Reg

I prefer regular tournaments to the turbos.

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with my style of play i profit more in regular tourneys i dont play many hands in early stage of tourney

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The regular tournaments are better to play. More skill than just shove or fold.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both. If I play at more than two tables then the regular is better.

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular tournaments. I do take time to make my decisions. Rewind the actions my opponents take inside my mind and decide. In online poker, I also take note of reaction time of my opponents as in how they react when they have particular hand ranks and they do help. Turbo is fine for low stakes tournaments but I don't prefer them for main tournaments.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both formats have their advantages and disadvantages. If I could only pick one, it would be regular speed, but I dont mind throwing in some turbos here and there. Often players get a little less time to act in turbos, which I think is great, because it speed up the often painfully slow action. Sometimes a regular 9-max MTT only play 35-40 hands in the first hour, and if you were a bit card dead, maybe you were only involved in 3 or 4 of them.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At tournaments hyper, turbo large dispersion

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Which style suits you. If you are reading a book by a professional who writes how to play multi-day tournaments the best bet is slow poker. If an aggressive playstyle suits you, play hot tournaments.