TT all in or fold ?

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, what would u do in a MTT turbo low buy-in 2.5$, in 2nd level a player just shoved on me in CUT OFF, i was at SB, i folded because i think most of time its a flip, and was at beggining ot MTT.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a good fold being early; however I find most people making that move to have jacks or lower.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have a read then it's a good fold. However, there are lot of times where I'd go all-in if I know the player in the cutoff is particularly loose.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's easy to fold. It is early to take such a risk in tournaments. AA or KK call AK and QQ maybe fold. I know enough tight QQ AK fold.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather just dropped a very big risk.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno
I'm playing horrible so I'm not the
one to give advice today.
I cant win from ahead or behind and its affecting my
play.
good luck to you though

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Easy fold early in the tournament. You are just to deep to hope you are on the right side of a flip and be honest, how many time do you see someone with aces or kings looking for that quick double-up. Just not worth it here.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold unless this player was jamming a lot. No need to flip coins when we are this deep early on. If he had done this multiple times then it becomes slightly different and you could maybe gamble it up !

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would fold too never know what they have ak,aj and so on

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the fold. The shoving range of most players in the early stage of an MTT is going to include far too many hands that can beat your tens.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in turbo tournaments you have to take more risks

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being early I think this is good for a few reasons. You aren't sure if this is someone who shoves when they should or someone just trying to get ahead at the start which is fairly common early in tournaments. I also think in general just too early too go all in especially on TT considering your outs are not very good starting out against most hands that will call you.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure it was a good fold TT’s can be easily broke and much too early in the tournament to consider calling.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a easy fold, I think that your best chance is be a coin flip, but as it is at the beginning of the tournament it is best to fold.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am all in here! i'm a big time donkerino and you need to win a lot of hands in the turbos anyway so why not. Early stages are when i donk the hardest to try and stack up before i get tight.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very easy fold in my opinion. First of all, most shoves are gonna be broadway cards, or decent pairs. If the villain shoves with two broadways, you lose if either one connects with the flop. If they have one broadway, that one can connect also. If they have pair, it is a toss-up as to who draws a set. TT is beaten most of the time in shove matches. If you already noticed that villain shoving with uncoordinated cards, then sure, call it off. I had it happen to me, where the guy ahead of me was shoving every hand. I saw a 64o and 89s when I got to see hands. Next time I had 99, I called, took him down. I would not have used 99 to call an all-in without knowing the player first. AA and KK are much better at calling all-ins, but even then those can be beat. I just called an all-in (all-in villain was in CO) in SB with KK, and the BB also came behind me with another all-in. CO had A6s, I had KK, BB had QJs. After all the cards came out, my hand was still KK, CO had AA, and BB had a flush. My KK was beaten by both of them. That being said, KK still beats all-ins most of the time so it is profitable, TT is not.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold with less than 10 minutes of play is ok to fold that hand, I also share the opinion that in a turbo tournament you have to take more risk but in just minutes of having started TT it seems excessive risk because the opponent must have a very good hand and having no reading of the opponent the right thing to do is fold

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've got to agree with the majority here - most likely this is a coin-flip or you're way behind. No need to gamble this early in the tourney, easy (if slightly irritating) fold for me.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good fold. Its was early in the tournament.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold is the move... you were beat.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling or folding TT in that situation is not a simple decision because it depends on a few variables. TT can be tempting to call or push but in that case you have to read the player, table and the cards to make sure the proper call is made.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends mostly on the information I have on my opponent. If he has a tendency to play too aggressive, the number of chips they have ect .. I will tend to play this spot if I feel he tries just steal the pot. If not, I could go to the limit and try to see the flop if it is not too expensive.

Folding in Poker