Trouble moving out of micro tourneys on ACR

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know what it is but can't seem to move up on ACR. Been doing very well in .55 to 3.30 tourneys, but when I try 5.50 and up I just can't do anything. I get beat when I'm ahead and beat when I'm behind in spots all the time. I don't feel like I'm playing worse when I try higher buy ins and the player pools in the medium stakes don't seem that much tougher from what I've observed. Is there any advice I can get on how to transition up in stakes? Like mindset changes, or strategy changes I should make? Appreciate any help guys.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that there is no difference between $1 and $5 tournaments. Everywhere they play the same way. The main thing is to play right! That's the most important thing. It's more important than winning.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
At ACR , I tried the 0.50$ on demand , but I was losing to crazy shoves.calls .
I am trying the 1$ tournaments but I haven't success , they call with everything
. I play 1$ or more like 2$ or 5$ maximum when there are nice offers/series of tournaments running with greater than 1k$ prizes , but always I face these loose calls , reshoves , crackes Aces to sets , my AK shoves lose to ATC etc etc .
I want to see when I will be able to play like them , give the bad beats to the others and start having some profits/wins at these stakes , and not play freerolls or 0.10$ tourneys all the time expanding , unfortunatelly very slowly , my bankroll .
I can play the 1$ tournaments with my bankroll nowadays , but I do it not often and when the prize is nice , until I become a better player for sure :) No meaning playing them if I lose constantly , right ?

Everyone should play the games he is good at , all the others can wait until he has watched enough of these games and has taken many notes and learned new tricks or moves , better shove/fold hand startegy , etc :)