Tournaments with unlimited Rebuys

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's annoying to start the tournament with unlimited rebuys, how you play these tournaments, and what is the best way to survive to go far

W

Wiliest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is much of a difference between rebuy tournaments and non-rebuy tournaments in terms of strategy; I play both situations the same.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think there is a big difference between tournaments to rebuy and rebuy tournaments without in terms of strategy; I play both situations the same way.
Of course, there is a big difference in tournaments: players play all the time they reload and normal tournaments give a chance to the player. my question is very clear how to play with these fools who are allin

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen the 'I'm all-in and rebuy as required until I hit 100BB's' strategy being promoted by sponsored twitchers.
As I understand rebuy at higher stakes is usefull, as there are not many MTT's around.
At lower stakes, it seems a money maker for the rooms, who collect the rake from the all-in bingo.
As freeroll player, I don't care about rebuys, but when my stakes go up, I think I will avoid the rebuys in the lower stakes.

Last edited:
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not like such tournaments. It seems to me that I am at war with zombies.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First rule as of Daniel Negreanu: Don't play a re-buy tournament, if you can't afford to rebuy.
My strategy: I'd rather latereg in the last minute and make an add-on instead of several re-buys. if there's no add-on, it's even better to latereg in the last level or two, as everybody is waiting for the prize spread and it's pretty easy to steal some blinds of those who are on ITM places. After all it seems better to me not to waste hours with these rebuyers, just to be taken out in the last moments of rebuy.:hmmmm2:

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vv

I dont prefer to play unlimited rebuy tournaments.You need to win a lot of hands and also you need a lot of time ....I think 3 rebuy max is the best for a tournament.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the dynamics of the early stage of these unlimited rebuy MTT's. Too many bingo donks on the micro stakes it seems. My strategy is to stay away from them :p

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First rule as of Daniel Negreanu: Don't play a re-buy tournament, if you can't afford to rebuy.
My strategy: I'd rather latereg in the last minute and make an add-on instead of several re-buys. if there's no add-on, it's even better to latereg in the last level or two, as everybody is waiting for the prize spread and it's pretty easy to steal some blinds of those who are on ITM places. After all it seems better to me not to waste hours with these rebuyers, just to be taken out in the last moments of rebuy.:hmmmm2:
very good resolution, I support this solution, thank you for advice

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for a good hand, catch the flop and play...
a lot of fools... and you are guaranteed a victory in the distance...
:shakehand

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do not like this kind of tournament, some are giving it all in without having anything

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait for a good hand, catch the flop and play...
a lot of fools... and you are guaranteed a victory in the distance...
:shakehand

In theory this is the greatest plan ever... but as you and I know hitting the flop in poker is great and all but often times doesn’t result in victory of the hand. Especially online I find that my winning hand on the flop is often called down by maniacs who seem to always crush me at the river. Maybe it’s the ability to rebuy in such tournaments or the fact that they are willing to gamble or just are plain bad players. I am seeing so many loose and horrible calls lately. Sometimes I can shove the nuts on the flop and get called (which is always good to get my hand in with the nuts) by a ridiculous hand and low and behold runner runner hits there bad play to defy the statistical anomalies in poker. It seems that some rebuys play like a freeroll tournament. This can be very frustrating.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I try to play them in the same way that I play one without rebuys, I do not repurchase, and I try to avoid those players who love to bet everything at all times and buy back every time they lose their chips, from the rest I try to play as usual

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i simple sit back wait for a good hand and hope it holds up. I hardly ever rebuy unless it makes sense. a lot of people rebuy into a short stack situation. If you are patient you can take advantage of the crazies. the good thing i have found is that the crazies often still play crazy after the rebuy is over. Like wiliest said i dont play much different but thats just me.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like playing on this type of tournaments. but when it happens I play normally. it is true that we need more luck on tournaments rebuys unlimited.we have to play more hand and especially it is very long. at least 4h or 5 game to see the end of the tunnel.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youll find your most successful poker players here. hell they can buy their way into the money most times. I just find it amazing that someone can buy in 6x and then suddenly win the whole thing. Man that variance turned around nice for them or does the site like players that buyin that much

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really a big fan of this type of tournament especially at lower stakes. You can bet there’ll be an all in call every hand it’s painful. At higher stakes I see the point where there’s more on the line and players aren’t going to go all in just to double up with junk hands.

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly.. if your bankroll supports a good 10x Rebuys+ addon.. play it... You can still play smart, just dont be afraid to risk it during rebuy period.. after rebuy you can tighten up... Most of my wins are in rebuy tourneys... you'll come to learn the loose agro players vs the tight ones... and pick your spots. Know who u can push with, who you should call against and so on and so forth... I'll never forget this one guy... any tourney he plays and he goes deep mind you... will shove any 2 first like 20 hands until he is satisfied with his stack... I have him noted... CALL him. lol ive doubled up so many times off the guy i love it. If you can't afford several rebuys.. then I'd say rebuy tourneys should be avoided, unless u late reg and addon.. but sometimes that isn't even worth it.

S

shadybizzle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In theory this is the greatest plan ever... but as you and I know hitting the flop in poker is great and all but often times doesn’t result in victory of the hand. Especially online I find that my winning hand on the flop is often called down by maniacs who seem to always crush me at the river. Maybe it’s the ability to rebuy in such tournaments or the fact that they are willing to gamble or just are plain bad players. I am seeing so many loose and horrible calls lately. Sometimes I can shove the nuts on the flop and get called (which is always good to get my hand in with the nuts) by a ridiculous hand and low and behold runner runner hits there bad play to defy the statistical anomalies in poker. It seems that some rebuys play like a freeroll tournament. This can be very frustrating.
You hit the nail on the head. I experience the same kind of crazy play all the time. It seems like I'm always getting called by an opponent who has a less than 5% chance. But I end up getting crushed by runner, runner or the river

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be sure that you have the bankroll for it. Be rdy to do some rebuys, if u have bad luck.
But usually, I play them as I play other non rebuy tournaments. And I love turbo setup tho.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like it makes the tourney unnecessarily long. But at the same time, whoever has the deepest stacks probably won't be affected too much by it and will probably still finish in the cash.

Ebsonip

Ebsonip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way is to try to go to the Flop, because usually the opponent plays all the chips.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great question...

I tend to play them as I would any other tourney. And I play them all like every decision matters.

I've seen people bust out, rebuy and go for it, but that just seems careless to me.

And I have had good results live with this--so why change it?