Tournaments with low payouts

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am feeling idiot, when playing long time tournament /3-4 hours/ and finishing with prize less then 1 USD.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments aren't guarantee money, that's why the ones I play with 50-60 by in only pay top 7-8 people. Multi-day tournament are worse, play 2 days 8 hours each to loose and get nothing. It's all part of the game.

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments are marathons with high variance..you will finish in many sessions with thin profit or with major lost.This is very often..It needs correct play,patience,volume on your grind and $$$ will come :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be more selective in choosing which tournaments are worth your time.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that we need to be more specific and selective in choosing wich tournaments are good for us and worth our time. If you have such results , treat them like one more good experience for your poker player career! Good luck!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,in tournaments to get money is difficult at best to discourage buy-in and need to get to 10 or 3-4 hours just wasted.

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's that. Tournaments require a lot of patience. You yourself choose this option from the beginning. Be ready.

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to lean toward knockout tournaments. Depending on how the field is playing I will either aim for knockout $ and/or go for the win. Decent ROI all around. I stay away from any field larger than 180 simply from past experience. I recommend super turbo/turbo. You can always have other games running in the process so you want lose potential $ in your hourly sessions.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you think it's bad, you should make a deposit above $ 1000 and play larger tournaments. But for this you must have confidence in your game. It's that thing, nothing to lose, nothing to gain. Poker is like an investment in the stock market, and for you to earn a lot you have to invest as well. Many stockbrokers give lectures on poker and poker players give on the purse. It is very similar. But if you are a beginner and do not have money to deposit, as in my case, you will have to be patient with this bad moment and play tournaments with small entries and small prizes. Do not be sad. Nothing is by chance. It is learning for when you are in the prime, remembering your past and making good bankroll control so you do not go through it again.

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am feeling idiot, when playing long time tournament /3-4 hours/ and finishing with prize less then 1 USD.

that's why I often choose the cash tables! But the opportunity to win significantly more than you've invested very attractive, and I still play in tournaments!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker I registered for all tournaments where you can at least win something. These tournaments are suitable for beginner poker players. Over time, I stopped playing tournaments with small prizes. It took a long time.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, if you can't afford to or are hesitant to deposit on an online poker site you have to endure the grind of freerolls and micro tourney stakes in the process it just might help you develop your game and help you embrace some tilting moments.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play $ 5 tournaments with 7 or 9 players, you'll win faster or not.