Tournaments

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a great facility to get close to the bubble, in most games I start very well I can get in the first possitions of the tournament but I can not hold myself and in the straight of the bubble I am always there paddling to stay in the awards, I do not know what happens I am enough criteriozo in the choice of cards, possession and observation of the adversaries but I can not evolve in the tournaments somebody indicates me some material to improve that specific part of my game.

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament

I have a great facility to get close to the bubble, in most games I start very well I can get in the first possitions of the tournament but I can not hold myself and in the straight of the bubble I am always there paddling to stay in the awards, I do not know what happens I am enough criteriozo in the choice of cards, possession and observation of the adversaries but I can not evolve in the tournaments somebody indicates me some material to improve that specific part of my game.

So, usually people have the opposite problem where they cant get very far into the tournament, and theyre problem is that they try to win all the pots and play every hand early on and in my opinion that's the fastest way to lose a tournament. If you play a hyper turbo or a 3 day tournament alsways look at whose chip leading in the first few minutes or hours, 99% of the time you wont see them near the top again because they play to win every pot and eventually its gonna cost them their stack. My advice to you is to be more cautious with the hands you choose to play. In other words become tight. and always remember to fold AA preflop because that hand sucks.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is not ok, but, sometimes you have to let the skills appart and go with luck, 10%-90%. thats also is part of the game. i realize that skill is mostly important, but....there is random in poker...

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

See the Ukrainian player Babyshark14 (Andriy Kozlenko)

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely dont fold AA Preflop, but always bet very large, because if you let someone see the flop it could cost you a lot. But I definitely agree you need to tighten your range. play your style to get an early lead but then only play roughly A-J or better, and depending on position. Practice makes perfect and make sure your mind is clear.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like your making all the right choices until you get to the bubble. Around the bubble patience is the key, try to avoid playing unnecessary hands simply to steal blinds.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the biggest things I see that big stack do is they start playing every hand possible and are willing to bluff 2 and sometimes 3 streets to bully people out of the pot. Some will call any and all short stack all ins trying to scare others into folding until the bubble is over. There are times these are great and usefully ideas but only when done wisely. Yes calling a short stack all in you may have on average say 35-40% equity with any 2 live cards there are times you would be dominated. I cant tell you how many times I have see a big stack call with absolute junk just because they have a big stack. Its hard to say what you could do better at or point you in the right direction but this would be my advise. You are good enough player to get there so consistently, just keep playing your game and not play recklessly. Just make smart decision and you should be fine.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next to the bubble there are two ways to play, or you play trying to win chips from those who are in Tight mode or you stay in Tight mode waiting for the bubble to burst.