Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello everyone :). I have some problem with tournaments when we say stay 1/8 of igrachite.Vlizam with two high cards all in with the intention to take the blinds and most times I eliminated a pair of the order of 55-10 .... Whether this is due to bad luck or not play properly ... What will advise me and if I play bad ... Thank you in advance.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see why your get eliminated a lot if your shoving with pairs between 55-TT those are 50-50
to over cards like KQ AQ AK AJ and any big pair beats it like JJ QQ KK AA so that's why you are finding yourself eliminated a lot. If your going to shove those hand do it in late position and if people are just limping in front of you. If you get a call you still may be dominated or may be up against a coinflip still so don't be mad when you lose. That is the game of poker and you have to be willing to take that risk to win the tournament sometimes.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone :). I have some problem with tournaments when we say stay 1/8 of igrachite.Vlizam with two high cards all in with the intention to take the blinds and most times I eliminated a pair of the order of 55-10 .... Whether this is due to bad luck or not play properly ... What will advise me and if I play bad ... Thank you in advance.

Try and mix in more calls with smaller pairs. When you happen to flop a set its easier to get paid off if your hand is disguised.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask yourself a couple of questions, for example...
  1. What am I trying to accomplish with this bet?
  2. Is my opponent(s) the type that will fold to my bet?
  3. What hands that beat me do I think will fold?
Don't just shove without understanding what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to get opponents to fold, think about if the specific opponent(s) will actually fold and what they might call with.

Position is key.. there is not a reason to get yourself knocked out with 55 even if you are on the button unless you are REALLY short stacked. Study push-fold charts to understand this concept in more details. Jonathan Little has a great push/fold/call application.