Tournament Play - Big Blind Ante

JohnnyBoy928

JohnnyBoy928

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is some opinions on the Big Blind Ante? Now that they cut the BBA in half when 5 players left at table I have grown comfortable with it...

Last edited:
gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is some opinions on the Big Blind Ante? Now that they cut the BBA in half when 5 players left at table I have grown comfortable with it...
I love it. Makes the game faster leading to more hands per round. The only place though Ive played where they halve the ante is the Wynn everywhere else it is always the size of the bb.

Ive been fortunate to make three final tables now with the bb ante. Once as a big chip leader, once with a middle stack and once as a small stack and the size of the ante didnt really make a difference.

JohnnyBoy928

JohnnyBoy928

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say 4 out 5 tournaments I play now are BB Ante... Actually when going back to regular Ante play it was annoying because it was more of a nuisance for players and dealers... plus slowed down game some... we get more hands in with BBA...
I love it. Makes the game faster leading to more hands per round. The only place though Ive played where they halve the ante is the Wynn everywhere else it is always the size of the bb.

Ive been fortunate to make three final tables now with the bb ante. Once as a big chip leader, once with a middle stack and once as a small stack and the size of the ante didnt really make a difference.