Tournament Play

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest flaw in my tourament plays lately has been my tendency to commit too much money with what seems to be strong preflop hands, only to cost me to lose my chips to a stronger hand. Single moments as these tend to have me play more cautiously with hands such as aj to ak. even ak is a hand that misses often and has me sacrificing too much out my chips. Time and time again, the correct choice I didnt make was to not call a raise. AK looks great but the situation to play them is not always great. Sometimes its better to just see another hand than to put it all on the line with ak

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My nobleman, I particularly prefer to go all-in preflop with 22 than AK, it seems I'm joking, but no, this is the truth, not to try luck in poker, I like to play the ABC of poker efficient way, trying to make the least mistake possible, because if we play correctly, keep in mind that you can improve your game if you can play with caution, play with caution even with premium hands. Good luck! And be careful when the villains increase their pre-flop bet, the veterans, the best cardschat players rarely bluff. Good luck.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like AK over 22 any day of he week

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can assure you that AK is better than 22 against most ranges. With 22 you are crushed by any PP. Too often you will be against 88+. You are hoping to be against AK or AQ. At best you are a flip but never ahead.

With AK you are flipping sometimes and ahead against AQ and AJ. Rarely behind AA or KK since you have an ace and king in your hand.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK vs. Tournament Life

If you're asking should you risk your tournament life on AK? Typically my answer is no, it is way too easy to whiff the board and get knocked out. However, if you're down to 10BBs or lower, then yeah, take that chance for a quick double-up.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just what you say, but AK is a good start, but when you meet a pair against AK you have to have some luck, and as many outs.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like AK means all in to you, as it is an unbeatable starting hand:damnmate:play according your chip stack and you will find out, what the flop brings to you. I have seen ppl shoving all in on a flop 38Q rainbow, or lets say with only overcards. IT IS ACE HIGH until you hit something!!! Q8s is played by 60% of the players!

Last edited: