TOURNAMENT LIFE

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the strategy to use in ealry game, the game in the middle and at the time of the bubble?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main strategy you should use is do not put all your chips in until your sure if possible or huge favorite nut hand if possible depends on your stack shortstack push AJ medium pair I view tournament success as how many times I was all in risking elimination and the hands and stack I had if you reduce amount of times you risk elimination with mediocre hands when you have a decent stack do not be afraid to fold medium pairs JJ AQ ect and make the money if blinds not affecting you too much and shorter stacks about on the bubble good luck

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many really good books on the strategy of playing in the three stages of a tournament.
Dan Harrington's Poker books are one example of these.
You also may find some real good articles online should you wish to look.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the strategy to use in ealry game, the game in the middle and at the time of the bubble?

Early in the game I try wait out for premium hands and not be too aggressive with lesser hands.

Middle stage same strategy however if you have more chips you can splash with suited connectors or QJ or semi connector i.e 10 and 8.

Bubble stage, be aggressive with hands from prior stages but hold off if someone comes over the top all-in.

snowonthis

snowonthis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone explain what exactly bubble stage means?

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a tactic in the first hands, the first four hands are actually to identify my opponents a little.
I am careful to become stronger little by little, whenever a good opportunity appears I force myself a little further.
Now if you are near the bubble and gather conditions and stack I will play very aggressive to keep me in the game.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone explain what exactly bubble stage means?
It's the part just before you're in the money. For example if 100 people get paid in the tournament, the bubble would begin when there are around 120 people left and finish once there are 100 people left.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could write a book on this subject, oh wait....