My tournament cycle

M

Maserblaser

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I know you’re going to say I’m a bad poker player and you’ll probably be right. I started playing last Christmas at 50. I play on my phone mostly for fun playing freeroll tournaments and losing my winnings in cash games. Then I won one, it was actually the CardsChat Canadian freeroll. Then a few others and I thought I was moving forward and getting a bank roll to play pay tourneys. I was doing fine for a time cashing a decent amount for a guy that can only play one game at a time. I understand variance but when every tourney seems to be ending the same lately. I get off to a great start (if I don’t bust early) sitting top ten or in top ten% of chips all game. I will actually tell myself to put the phone down and let everyone slaughter each other. But I can’t because I got AAs KKs or at minimum a good broadway hand to start. Pitch my 3 blinds wife and vacate. Repeat but next time flop 4/5s of the nut flush so I stick around a street or two only to wife again. This time losing 8 blinds. Repeat the in wife out and now am closer to the bubble then the chip lead. I pull back and in the next orbit two or three very bottom range cards I don’t go in on hit for massive pots that would have been mine if I only played the hands. This will soon be followed by AAs KKs or JJs in position only to lose on the river to some schmuck floating 84o to hit trips flush or straight. I am out out of money or just collect min cash. I’m left thinking again and again that I should’ve hust

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently posted a similar situation that I have been having. I think your right in that you are playing tight and doing well, but start to play a little looser and loose some hands. Then your stack gets low and you shove and lose.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah, I know you’re going to say I’m a bad poker player and you’ll probably be right.

Not 'probably'. Absolutely!

Cardschat has a course on the forum... 30days to better poker. Why not read it?

hint: headsup... a min raise in BB while OOP vs. a limp is umm.... not good.