bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does anyone have tips how to win at Sit & Go?

I know how against 3 players, you play with cards that you normally would not play as a K9, Q7, and other s letter also. the someone has tips

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Um.. Strange question. Sit & go is the simplest form of poker. Stationary number of chips walking on the hands of. The number of opponents is constant. The difficulty is only one to be patient

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Um.. Strange question. Sit & go is the simplest form of poker. Stationary number of chips walking on the hands of. The number of opponents is constant. The difficulty is only one to be patient

Patience is the most important thing, especially in a SnG. Just pick your spots of trying to stack one opponent.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My advice is not to play in such tournaments. This is a quick way to spend money. Pay attention to the MTT tournaments, this is a more realistic way to make a profit.

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to do very well playing the $20 two table sitngo's at Fulltilt. Sadly I'm from NY and haven't been able to play there in years. Are they still around?
I agree with the posts above. Patience is key. Wait for the good hands and get your chips in when the going is good.
Best of luck!

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the site, i play sngs, mtts, and dons. sngs are all about patience especially early on and try to pay attention to your opponents. i can pick up fairly quickly on villain tendencies and you can take advantage once you get down to 6 or less

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I know how against 3 players, you play with cards that you normally would not play as a K9, Q7, and other s letter also. the someone has tips

That is absolutely correct, the difference between 3rd and 2nd place is almost nothing, so go for 1st place. To get there, do not play until 5 players left. only AA, KK, QQ and maybe AKs.
That gives you a good image for later stages. When it comes to 5 players, bet the shit out of them, they are more afraid than you, because most of them have no good BRM and want to get to the money. Don-t overdo it, but you-ve been watching the table for 30 minutes now, and you know who will fold to your all-in, as you have a monster again:dancing2:

Aprendiz_Edu

Aprendiz_Edu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello friend,
the tip that is next,patience,
study a lot about Ranger in position, once you understand this concept, will easily play with any cards in position, MTTs are more lucrative, my opinion gl.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what levels you play, but if you play micro limits, you have to play by value, do not attempt many bluffs.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If only we had a person that specialize in Sit and Go's on this site.

Wait we have: Collin Moshman

Here is a simple beginner video:

But do a search for his name - he has a lot of videos (and at least two books).

Constantinoleon

Constantinoleon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantinoleon

in my personal case I like to play head ups I think you have much more chance of making money is 50 50:top:

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been said before but it's worth mentioning again:

Patience, patience, patience.

Wait for monster hands and then raise hard pre-flop (You'll have to adjust your bet size relative to the kind of table you're playing).

Avoid going all-in against multiple "calling machines" since your monster hand might lose it's strength against too many hands. I don't like the all-in approach against a lot of players who called/raised pre-flop or when I'm in early position because I lose the "psychological leverage" that my future strong bet could have.

Raising with a value of multiple blinds sends a stronger message regarding the strength of your hand rather than going all-in which could be seen as a move to only get the blinds.

That's what comes to my mind with the experiences I've had so far.

Hope this helped.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no universal rule for the game. It is necessary to pay attention to the course of the game, with which cards the players enter and for yourself it is possible to decide which card to enter into the bidding for, or in extreme cases, go all-in.:driver:

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not quite understand the question.

But I say that without study it is impossible to win any kind of tournament.

Relying on luck alone is impossible!

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey..I usually go all out with any good card .play only on fresh head.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My strategy is tight is right for a 9 handed turbo and I win quite often. Just play solid hands in good positions, do not overplay mediocre hands like small pairs from EP. As well as try to lay off hands like 10 9 and J 10 unless there suited, even if they are just play them cautiously. There's no huge rush to play many hands in a 9 handed turbo, just play they ones you choose to play form good position and you will be fine. Watch out for the KJs, QJs and J10s etc. as they are not that strong and are usually troublesome hands that tend to lose you chips if you overvalue them, and in larger SNGs chips are everything. Once you acquire the chips play very solid, no limping, even if its just a min. raise UTG, sometimes that is all you need to do. Basically play by the rules in a large tourney feild, like tights is right and position is power and you should be fine. Do not overvalue mediocre holdings as it will only cause you to lose chips and chips in SNGs are soo value-able.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is not to play in such tournaments. This is a quick way to spend money. Pay attention to the MTT tournaments, this is a more realistic way to make a profit.

Horrible advice from a bad SNG player more than likely.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you do not like my advice ???

I think it is horrible advice, SNGs are the best way for a player with little to no tourney experience to gain a decent amount of experience (if you can't win a SNG what makes you think you can win a MTT?). The rules for SNGs are the same as any MTT it is just that they are easier to win at the end of the day. I haven't taken down a MTT ( 1st place in years) i've gotten a lot of money place finishes but they don't quite add up to as many tourneys that you need to be playing to win decent money. SNGs are the best value and the best way to learn, as well gives you a chance to win some pretty good money. So no, I hate your advice for a person that has little tourney experience.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is horrible advice, SNGs are the best way for a player with little to no tourney experience to gain a decent amount of experience (if you can't win a SNG what makes you think you can win a MTT?). The rules for SNGs are the same as any MTT it is just that they are easier to win at the end of the day. I haven't taken down a MTT ( 1st place in years) i've gotten a lot of money place finishes but they don't quite add up to as many tourneys that you need to be playing to win decent money. SNGs are the best value and the best way to learn, as well gives you a chance to win some pretty good money. So no, I hate your advice for a person that has little tourney experience.

Do not be sad. Better work on improving your skills. Maybe someday you will be lucky to win something. Perhaps .... :)

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get too fancy with your play. Stick to general poker, play position and wait for opportunities. I see a lot of players try to bluff or chase draws and that's not how you want to play, those are who you want to capitalize on. Just stay patient and pick your spots.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take notes on the players, as a rule, bad players don't improve.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

there is no advice to win them, but you will get a lot of good advice on how to Play them profitable.
Be Patient (Play tight) in the early stage where you have 30+bb. once you reach the mid/late stage with avg stack sizes of 30bb or less you Need to know how to play your ranges in Position and stuff like that.
play your good Hands aggressive and don't be afraid to bust.

From my experience (played more than 1000 tournaments online), the SnGs are a better way to constantly increase your bankroll. Sure, you won't win 1k in a 5$ buy-in, but you don't have to Play for 10 Hours and beat 5k entrants to win those 1.000$.
At the 45/90/180man SnGs you should reach the final table fairly often while in a MTT with 3000+ entrants, you will reach it like once in 300 tournaments.
Sure, if you have a Deep run you make more Profit than in a SnG, but Overall the SnGs are a more profitable Format if you won't rely on luck.

My strategy is tight is right for a 9 handed turbo and I win quite often. Just play solid hands in good positions, do not overplay mediocre hands like small pairs from EP. As well as try to lay off hands like 10 9 and J 10 unless there suited, even if they are just play them cautiously. There's no huge rush to play many hands in a 9 handed turbo, just play they ones you choose to play form good position and you will be fine. Watch out for the KJs, QJs and J10s etc. as they are not that strong and are usually troublesome hands that tend to lose you chips if you overvalue them, and in larger SNGs chips are everything. Once you acquire the chips play very solid, no limping, even if its just a min. raise UTG, sometimes that is all you need to do. Basically play by the rules in a large tourney feild, like tights is right and position is power and you should be fine. Do not overvalue mediocre holdings as it will only cause you to lose chips and chips in SNGs are soo value-able.
I played a lot of those Turbo SnGs on pokerstars and tight is not Right in my opinion. Blinds increase really fast and if you don't want to blind out, you have to play aggressive to get Chips from those 'tight is right' Players ;)

totally agree with you.
you won't win the big Money in the SnGs, but you will get a good ROI if you are a decent Player. You can get to the final table with skill, while in large MTTs you will Need a lot of luck aswell to reach it.

Poker Tips