Timed Tournaments

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I have been having some success from these on sky poker. not sure if its luck or a general edge yet, but definitely doing well.

Timed tournaments are basically where you buy in for a fixed amount of money and the tournament ends after a certain period of time in sky's case 30 or 15 mins depending on which one you buy into.

your chips are exchanged at the end for an exact cash value. so for example say I buyin for £10 and get 2000 chips at the end of the time I have 3000 chips I then get paid £15. so its effectively a cash game but in tournament format and if they don't meet the guarantee your chips can be worth more but that does not happen often.

I am wondering if these time tournaments run on other sites and if so which ones? I think stars do them but but i prefer to avoid stars these days.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I have been having some success from these on sky poker. not sure if its luck or a general edge yet, but definitely doing well.

Timed tournaments are basically where you buy in for a fixed amount of money and the tournament ends after a certain period of time in sky's case 30 or 15 mins depending on which one you buy into.

your chips are exchanged at the end for an exact cash value. so for example say I buyin for £10 and get 2000 chips at the end of the time I have 3000 chips I then get paid £15. so its effectively a cash game but in tournament format and if they don't meet the guarantee your chips can be worth more but that does not happen often.

I am wondering if these time tournaments run on other sites and if so which ones? I think stars do them but but i prefer to avoid stars these days.
I play on different poker platforms but it's first time when i hear about such a tournament. :eek:Anyway seems to me very interesting so i would definitely try it.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most sites have some form of this format. Being in America I'm only familiar with our sites but I know ACR has a few in their Cage series. BOL and SBP just started adding some of the smaller 30 minute tournaments. I've played in three on BOL and the game was so loose half the field was eliminated by the end of the third level and I managed to come in the top five of all three for a pretty nice payout. Best of luck to you

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
won some more today i think my results are more then just luck now.
i was sceptical because the rake seems a bit high 10%. but then when you figure normal cash play for half an hour online you would likely spend more then 10% in rake.
plus so many mistakes and incorrect plays even from the regs.

I just want to find these formats on other sites to because I think it looks promising.

V

Vivekg14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know if partypoker run these tournaments...have played them on stars but no longer use stars but did enjoy the timed games

L

LuigiBros03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that in pokerstars has an equal modality, to probe also to play it but I believe that it can accommodate more to the luck that to a defined strategy that with time can play with the first good that can be the time because the time is against yours

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars have Time Tourneys. And time vary, there are 45 minutes tourneys and maybe 25 mins and/or 15mins I am not sure. Buyins also vary from 1.10 to 4.40. Maybe there is a 0.55$ ?? I am not sure.

There are a lot of shoves, so if you get a premium pocket pair and not get unlucky and win the flip, you have already double your buyin. You can just wait for an other easy double up, and steal some blinds here and there to mantain your stack, tanking a little so the time will pass, and in 15 minutes, you have already a nice profit if you dont do stupid calls.