those who often win tournaments

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, I am speaking to those who often win tournaments, you could instruct me, and advise me how to start your tournaments?
you play as préniums, or you play a lot of hands, you're aggressive, you bluff a lot?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the format of the tournaments that you play but I am convinced that the best strategy is, patiently wait for strong cards.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every one could give you different advice it depends on the player..:):):)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My style is aggressive, preflop and postflop

LOL is that what you call it? I call it bad... often way over-valuing pre, limited ability to play post... under-cutting ourselves on value by over-shoving often... & often in bad spots resulting in higher variance play.

case in point .... (but I mean I could just about post every hand you play.. & last I checked, stats. that are 45/3 (VPIP 45% & a PFR of 3.. are NOT considered aggressive lol)

Attachments

• mm1.jpg
    mm1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 106
  • mm2.jpg
    mm2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 105
  • mm3.jpg
    mm3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 108
W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play position I play premium cards from any position but mostly stick to late postion plays
my play is aggro . If I have outs I'm c betting post flop if I hit the flop I'm betting it. I play to win not just to hit the money. My first goal yes is to get in the money but once I do I play to move up spots and hit that final table and win the touney. I find by doing this Iam at the Final Table a lot. Here is how I view a Tourney I look it as tables not entries so it is less pressure on me I say hay there are 30 or 40 table not 300 or 400 people enrolled and I count down the tables to the final table instead of the people. keeps me focused on the prize. Once I'm at the final table I treat it like it's a sit and go and focus on making the top 3 at least because that is where the money is at. :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Who are all of you and how often do you win MTTs?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have really good track record in tournaments, alot of decent cashes and few nice wins, i mainly play tight but aggresive, i use blockers alot and apply pressure when i think its good time to, near the bubble if ur big stack use the stack to get even further ahead and get urself in good position to win the tournament, dont be afraid to call like 10bb shove with KJ of from button if ur big blind and stuff like that, just play ur game and u should do fine in most tourneys if u are a decent player, or just try to improve ur game, id suggest bencb Raise Your Edge youtube videos for improving in tournaments, as he is one of the best in the world at the moment, or even buy his coaching if ur really serious about it, its quite expensive tho but value is there 100% :)

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you start of by playing any hand and go along the rhythm of the game built as many chips as you can in early levels. Or you can play tight and only premium hands looking for a double and continued to do so.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most important thing is progress. You gotta study on your play consistently, learn from your mistakes every time and repeat also things you have done it correct. For these kind of things i suggest you to record some important hands. And keep studying with dedication.

R

Richdublin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some interesting posts there and shows how different every player is. For me it's about playing tight preflop and then going after good post flop hands. In early rounds as someone had a picture of people will push anything, so I like to get into the flop with as little invested as possible. Also the big thing for me is not to over value ur hand ak preflop is a monster but could be terrible post flop. Each to their own I suppose. I love the post ab out aggression on the bubble becuase u can triple ur stack easily bear the bubble

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have won more CC tourneys than I can count and my advise is to get through the 1st hour. The second hour is when you change your game up to a more aggressive style and stay there. NO FEAR

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that depends on the type and phase of the tournament. Turbo/hyper tournaments I play in a more aggressive and looser way due to the rapid increase in blinds.
In regular tournaments at the beginning I opted to play only premium hands, but as time in tournament goes by I'm opening the range of hands, in addition to playing more aggressively.

PS: That's just an overview, without considering the positions. The more in EP the more we must be tights and we are getting more loose in LP.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play aggressive cash tournaments. The flop is only a good card. If you watch a lot of the flop then you lose quickly the stack. I use the bluff very rarely and only then when I know that the opponent does not answer. The closer to the prizes, the more carefully I select a card and the less I play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play a mix but very aggressive style. The style I pick will be based on the table I am playing at. I won't make risky plays but calculated ones. I always play for the win and not the cash. While a cash is nice the money is at the final table and depending on the size mostly at the top.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POKER is 2 things

VOLUME and RUNNING GOOD

do both and you will win many MTTs and along the way do some of those finesse moves youve seen in youre training videos and then get some FT experience as far as when to LAG AND TAG , the table usually dictates it and onll you will know it cause .. either youre getting little resistance or resistance at every move ,,,,

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely takes first place in tournaments. I only ranked first in the sit & go, in mtt my best to achieve second place in the 55cent, 3,30 $ final table. When I get to the final table, I always appreciate the style of my game. First, I play my usual for turbo mtt range, but on the bubble I start to play only A6 + KJ + 22+, after the bubble I go back to its previous range. Closer to the final table I play A6 + KJ + 22+ I know that when I'm on the other I do not reach the final table, and often simply fly out of the first stages of the tournament. For me, a lot depends on how I set up the game.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, I am speaking to those who often win tournaments, you could instruct me, and advise me how to start your tournaments?
you play as préniums, or you play a lot of hands, you're aggressive, you bluff a lot?

In the beginning of a tournament I prefer not to bluff much at all. Blinds are so small compared to the stacks so it's not really a point to go crazy with a 3 barrel bluff.
Use that to find good spots to see alot of cheap flops with hands that have high implicit odds.
When you do get good cards you should play aggressive. And with good cards I don't say that top pair, top kicker is good (Even if that is sometimes enough to win a hand).
Try to figure out what kind of player that is with you in the pot. Does he call alot with draws or middle pairs? Does he stay all the way to the river? Information is the key.

But remember, sometimes it doesn't matter how skilled you are. Even if you do everything right you could loose your entire stack to someone who is gambling. Remember this, and stay patient. Never overplay your bankroll unless you get a shot in a satelite.

I consider myself a decent tournament player, but I still have lots and lots of leaks in my game and I loose a lot of tournaments without even touching the money because some people get lucky, but atleast I know that most of the time I'd have their money instead (according to equity anyway).

Good luck. Make sure to practice loads.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this is just my standard but i play a lot wider range when the blinds are small starting a tourney looking to stack an opponent with a big hand early to get a big stack going. I mean on a 50,000 chip stack and the blinds are 50-100 I can afford to see cheap flops as long as there isn't a lot of action pre. It's worked for me quite well in the past. Albeit I have never played a tourney more than 1000 dollars yet. But yeah I start out like that and narrow my range the more the blinds get up there. Also at the early stages I tend to not bluff a super lot and look to get max value with hidden straights and such. I'd say I play a looser strategy pre and tight after the flop early and switch to a tag style later.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play aggressive cash tournaments. The flop is only a good card. If you watch a lot of the flop then you lose quickly the stack. I use the bluff very rarely and only then when I know that the opponent does not answer. The closer to the prizes, the more carefully I select a card and the less I play.

this is excellent fundamentals advice at micro stakes, you agree? maybe add usually raise before call and C bet usually?

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Healthy Routines

To get the maximum performance is important before a tournament and during it you know some of the main tips that work for me.

Sleeping - getting enough sleep, you should know how long you should sleep better, whether it's 6 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours, get what you need. Prepare this in advance and do it during the event.

Nutrition: this is different for each person, depending on what is needed for their lifestyle, but here are some tips.

Drink plenty of water - from the early hours of the morning, your body becomes dehydrated from sleep, as well as make sure you start the day with water and continue to recharge throughout the day.

Foods -
The saying "you are what you eat" is really true. Would you rather be a fresh and healthy salad or a piece of meat with fat and cheese? What do you think help you be more alert at the table? It is very important that your food gives you energy and not that you take it away. ;)

I hope I've helped

Good luck at the tables :cool:

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play conservative at the beginning and increase aggressiveness as the blinds increase. Pay attention to every detail of the table. Mainly ICMgl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
win

i will give you an advice....
the rule to win ..is .....that there is no rule :stupido::mad::eek2:

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that I am winning a lot of MTTs but after some years of poker I can tell you that my experience is that you start doing better when you play tighter. Or simply put: if you don’t win enough you are not folding enough :)

Concentrate on REALLY strong hands...
After a while of super tight play you will:

Know allot more about your opponents from carefully observing the game.

Have a great table image that leads to more respect for your bets. The tighter you play, the more you can get away with stealing pots and bluffs...