Are there instances where it's worth it to always call the blind?

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there a point where your stack can be THAT big compared to the blinds, that it doesn't matter whether you call or fold, and thus should call because at least you can see the flop?

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your stack is really that big why bother to call? Just raise it up every time you get a decent hand to put pressure on the rest of the table.

You have to be careful though not to play too loose. If you make enough wrong plays you'll find your big stack ain't so big anymore after a few rounds.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big stack

I have seen the fellows that call every hand with big stack...........sometimes they get lucky, but eventually they seem to get worn down to nothing. And if you push every hand, someone will eventually push back. Keep your position at the table in mind always would be my thought on this.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any two should do. I was in a live tournament not long ago. About 30 players left and payouts start at 20. I was folding and folding, I didn't have a lot of chips but i wasn't under 20BB yet but I would have to think about a move soon. I was in the big blind and was dealt 34 off. It was raised and two other callers. I would get about 4.5 to 1 to call. But garbage is garbage, right? I fold and wait for a better hand. So flop is 44T.... Umm ok that sucks. Bet, fold, call. Then a 4 falls... WTF. Bet and a call. I don't recall the last card but it was a shove and a call and one busted out. I busted out soon after. All I could think about is a triple up and would have been in the money. But I know I made the right fold.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the blinds and antes get bigger and bigger, you can easily get priced into a call to defend the blinds, but ultimately, randomly calling bets with bad cards will cost you your stack. It is always better to save the chips for a worth while hand.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistakes that big stacks make often is that they play too many hands and get too loose, and they start bleeding chips. Just keep playing your game and put pressure on the smaller stacks.