Ten tips for a poker player

Giancarlos

Giancarlos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I leave with a dozen very basic tips to undertake a poker tournament. They are nothing of the other world, some will think, but do not take them in broken, because at some moment they will remember some. Of course, they can be the very reincarnation of Stu Ungar, who without luck and call, nothing at all.
**1. Do not be a chicken This is not a chicken game; not of recklessness. You can sit, throw away marginal hands, expect a good position and play strong cards, but do not run away every time you make a big bet or a raise. The blinds will end up devouring you if you do not take advantage of your chances and let yourself be intimidated.
2. Watch your opponents closely A tournament is a marathon: long and tedious. It gives you all the time in the world to study your rivals. Look at their gestures, what cards they play, what positions they play and you can predict their movements.
**3. First objective: the bubble The first thing to do in this stage race is a tournament is to reach prizes. That is, get a reward for our efforts. Always keep an eye on the remaining players and keep this goal in mind.
**4. Put yourself in the situations of others Think that you are pending of the rest as they are of you. Get on your skin for a moment: focus your attention on yourself and your game. With that, he tries to deceive them. Make them think that they have taken your cues and set them up as a trap. This works best in the more advanced stages of a tournament.
**5. At first: do not throw the house out the window. Be conservative in the first few bars, only putting big bets when you play a major game. Never play all your rest at first without having a "monster".
**6. Little chips: all or nothing When you have about 8-15 times the big blind you must make decisions that will put all your chips in the middle of the table: it is the time of "all or nothing". What does this mean: if you do not have a good hand, throw yourself away; if you have it, send your rest. It's that simple. Do not just see the big blind, although when playing all your points people pull.
**It is your chance to bend and you should take advantage of it. Those who have many chips will see you with marginal hands, as they can afford. They're going to try to eliminate people. Therefore, your chance to bend is found in the large remains.
**7. Intermediate phases: eye with the leaders in chips At this moment people are falling like flies. It begins to radicalize the affair, with players with big piles of chips and a lot of margin, and others with few and one strategy: or to do their rest or throw themselves. When you face someone with more points than you think can leave you on the street, so gauge your movements. The advantage is that because of their power in chips they can see you with secondary hands that will make it possible for you to double or increase your heritage greatly.
**8. We get closer to the prizes: the bubble arrives Your type of game will be marked by the number of points you have. If you have many, take advantage of the moment and steal it. People with few will be afraid to be out of the awards. If you have few, or all or nothing, selecting very well position and hand.
**9. You are in prizes! You have reached your first goal. For now, you've already got something for your effort. Now look at your stack of chips and, if it is not very large, play calmly and conservatively. You will see how, once the bubble breaks, people fall at a high speed. Your next stop: the final table.
**10. Final table At last! Objective reached. You have reached the final table. Here, those who have landed chip shorts usually end very soon. If you are in the middle, use your head waiting for people to start dating. This will guarantee you to be in the top five. If you are here, you will meet your rivals. Play position and chips. If you can knead many, be aggressive when you think you have the best hand or the other is weak.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to have picked up many good habits over the last few years and i feel I'm getting better all the time. These tips serve as a good reminder of some of the things we have to do to be successful. Who knows, i may even win a big tourney some day. LOL

S

SLAYERKNOWN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao nice tips. I've read so many poker tips, it's refreshing to read new ones everyday.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think these tips are very good .... very close to reality and if they apply correctly they will be very helpful when it comes to playing poker .... it is good to keep them in mind always ....!

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your tips are pretty good. I think you have to be careful about getting to passive around the bubble. The more chips you have approaching the bubble the more aggressive you can be obviously, be care not to throw away strong hands just because you not want to bubble out.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will add one, fold and live to fold again haha nice tips buddy!

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im always learning when it comes to poker, thank you for your insight.

Ledenev_Russ

Ledenev_Russ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no perfect advice and perfect tactics and strategies, always it is necessary to focus on the fact that people are different and style of play they also.

B

Boris from Kazan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice for a beginner! Now imagine, sitting at a table centered 9 players)) can you Feel what I mean?!) Yes, Yes, that's right, the tournament is won by patience, someone will pass sooner or later, someone will relax because of the large number of chips! In General be careful! With respect! Good luck!

Poker Tips