vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

So I have a question. There might be an easy answer, even one I should already know, but I'll be honest and admit I don't.

So you're playing an MTT. 30 minutes, 1 hour in, you're moved to another table. Sometimes I'm moved at the wrong time, several times in a row, missing hands and being paired with opponents I know nothing about.

The question is, what's the algorithm for these movements. Why am I moved and why am placed at a specific table?

The only reason I can think of is to fill out other tables. But I still don't find it fair after spending an hour trying to figure out my opponents, making notes on them and after that, BAM, total unknowns.

I've been moved even when only 1 player was out from the table.

Another thing I can't understand, is how, when I have a good stack, I get moved and paired with other big stacks. I'm playing KO and I find this HIGHLY UNFAIR. You work and work, chipping away at the opponents' stack, just to be moved for others to grab the bounties.

Is there anything I'm missing? Is there a rule/policy, anything?

JeffersonJV

JeffersonJV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I strongly believe that this happens because when you get to a point where you are much more advanced or below the average stacks on a table, to equalize you will be moved to another one where things a more equal, I mean this seems fair to me, and you can see this in every tournament even in live ones, where the people with the bigger stacks all join in one table and form the main table of the tournament, this makes things fair.

Your point that your notes and stuff are lost and you need to restart with strangers doesn't seem unfair, because as the same way you don't know the people at your table, they don't know you either, so the game is the same.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the tournament, dozens of players fly out every minute, and always for the balancing of tables someone needs to be transplanted, so that all tables in the tournament are filled as uniformly as possible.

burton_boy

burton_boy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen some sites in the past collapse tables by number, with table number 1 ending up as the final table. If the site uses this method the higher the table number you are at the sooner you will be moved. This might explain why sometimes you are moved several times in a row as you may get moved to a table number just a few below your own which then ends up being collapsed down very soon after your arrival. The good news is that it doesn't just happen to you, everyone will be moved at some point unless they start at the table that ends up being the final table...

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is different from site to site. I am pretty sure 888 announced (a year back?) that their were putting the big stacks and short stacks on different tables. In my opinion that is not fair at all, and that table seating should be random. Playing on a table with mixed stacks is a skill, and this is just to protect fish. I think part of the fun i turnys is that you have to adjust to these things.

I don`t play KO, but if they do that in those, I think that is unfair.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, so there are a few who think or know that the sites are sorting by stack in some measure. I would appreciate some official link or anything.

If this is true, I'm going to take it to pokerstars, because in KO's >>at the very list<< this is not just unfair, but utterly disgustingly biased towards other players.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go play cash games if you think that table movement in a tourney is unfair. Then you won't change tables at all. Or play a single table sng.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is done for the correct distribution of players during the tournament and in no way aimed against you. If you do not want to see it`s select the game with the number of participants no more than 9 and play them.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the variance makes the tournaments last less, the players leave quickly leaving the best players placed on different tables,