Sunday storm strategy

F

FelixTheLord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope it's not on over asked question but what are your thoughts on the stars's sunday storm? this week are around 3k players and 400 paying places. What's your approach on big tournaments like these? Do you first try to win your ticket via a satellite ?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those 3K players will eventually go up to 16K or so. The Storm is a good game but you need to be prepared for a marathon (last week's Storm went 10 hours). It will take a few hours to get to the bubble and maybe 7 or 8 hours till you start to make any real money. There is a 2 1/2 hour late registration period and most players will enter late.

It will be fast and furious for the first 2 1/2 hours. It will then settle down a bit but you need to have a healthy stack to get anywhere after this (or a lot of crazy ass luck).

The $0.33 satellites are definitely the best way to get your entry.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday Storm are easy to cash, at least for me..

I like big field events, you can play a lot on first stages..

And yeah, i try to win via satellite every tournament.

Sunday Storm is one of my favourite tournaments

F

FelixTheLord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday Storm are easy to cash, at least for me..

I like big field events, you can play a lot on first stages..

And yeah, i try to win via satellite every tournament.

Sunday Storm is one of my favourite tournaments
Tried to win a 0.55 satellite but no luck this time. How exactly you can play a lot on first stages? Won't there be a lot of players who'll all in with most big pairs or suited cards?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a long lasting tournament, so it needs patience, and calm game. You must try to make a good stack from the first stages because is a long game and you will face big blinds later. It is generally easy to get in the money, but much more difficult to move higher.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a very big tournament with a lot of variance. So you can't say that you are going to play this Sunday and make some money. Most probably you will reach one final table playing all your life, almost every Sunday.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
winning the satellite ticket would be wonderful lol the best strategy in this type of tournaments is patience having comfort and being very rested is a long tournament and tends to wear out physically and mentally

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play these very large tournaments all that often, but when I do, I make no strategic adjustments at all. Its still just tournament poker with the only difference being, you are very unlikely to reach the final table, and if you do, you need to have the time and stamina to play for 10 hours. I ran deep in a 2$ "big" on Stars recently. This had a little over 1.000 people playing, and was already an 8+ hour event, when I busted out in 4. place. By the way Stars slow the blinds in these "big" tournaments, when you get to the final table. Rather than 10 minutes, it is now 15 minutes between blinds going up, which obviously drag out final table play for better or worse.

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
l cant play in high level more than 4 h. after 4 sometimes 5hours l start to makeing stupid all in... sometimes its goes in good way, but usually it lets me go sleep....as a looser:p

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I played a little in this tournament, then there is not much experience. He basically played through the satellite. Try satellite, have money play straight. Or train in 1.10-3.30 tournaments.:2in1:

T

Tystick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to try to sat my way into the tournament it's cheaper and gets some table time in to get your game down. :fight:

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
On a Sunday storm, I usually try to get through the Sunday satellite by a $ 1.10 buy-in, where 100 tickets are played. At the end of late registration, approximately 150 tickets are accumulated. The game on the satellite is slow. You get on a Sunday storm that has been going on for 1.5 hours. You have the choice to either register today at late check-in or next Sunday. Sunday's tournament storm requires from the very beginning to raise its stack in order to feel comfortable on the bubble.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played the storm more than any other PS event. Best finish was top 75. It's full of recreational players. The huge payouts and low buy in draws them in. To be honest it's a crapshoot. I always play to cash first ..

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope it's not on over asked question but what are your thoughts on the stars's sunday storm? this week are around 3k players and 400 paying places. What's your approach on big tournaments like these? Do you first try to win your ticket via a satellite ?
Firstly, a low-level tournament is solely a player’s strategy. Actually, it’s all the same that there’s a great chance that they will move or show you. You’ll be a short stack very quickly.Well, the first hour definitely play calmly and patiently, as the late registration ends, another hour the same, by this time a lot of all-in players will fly out, and then do what you want, at least aggressively, at least passively.and as for the satellites - this is a personal matter for everyone. They also have a separate game strategy

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars Sunday Storm

Those 3K players will eventually go up to 16K or so. The Storm is a good game but you need to be prepared for a marathon (last week's Storm went 10 hours). It will take a few hours to get to the bubble and maybe 7 or 8 hours till you start to make any real money. There is a 2 1/2 hour late registration period and most players will enter late.

It will be fast and furious for the first 2 1/2 hours. It will then settle down a bit but you need to have a healthy stack to get anywhere after this (or a lot of crazy ass luck).

The $0.33 satellites are definitely the best way to get your entry.

Mattryder thank you for the info on pokerstars Sunday Storm in your post.

I was about to post a tread asking the exact questions and you have answered them all.

• How long does the game last - 10+ hours
  • How long is the late reg. - 2 hours 30 mins
  • How long to the real money - 7 or 8 hours
P.S. Its half price ($5.50) this Sunday 23th feb so I will be playing the game for the first time.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mattryder thank you for the info on Pokerstars Sunday Storm in your post.

I was about to post a tread asking the exact questions and you have answered them all.

• How long does the game last - 10+ hours
  • How long is the late reg. - 2 hours 30 mins
  • How long to the real money - 7 or 8 hours
P.S. Its half price ($5.50) this Sunday 23th feb so I will be playing the game for the first time.
Good luck! Be sure to have a good sleep the night before.