Sunday Storm Anniversary... how would you play?

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just clasify for the Sunday Storm anniversary through a satellite and I want your advice from your experience on this large large field MTT, I want to play it the best I can and try to go as deep as I can ... here's my MTTs history resumed:

I have only play Big, hot of $0,55 and $1.10 buy ins, in this micro levels I know there are lots of Fish but also good players but still I never made final table (my best Result has been 21st on a big $0.55) I always play aggressive tight on the first stages trying to get some chips from crazy players when I manage to get deep I try to steal blinds be hard with small stacks on the bubble etc... I think I know Basics but I want to go deeper than that I want to win I wan to be better I want to stand out from average I'm sick of MinCash I want the big win... SO I have these questions:

1) where have you read the best free material that helped you improve or even win an MTT?

2) Do you regularly play the sunday storm ? this is not a big Buy-in so I'm guessing there are still lots lots of recreational crazy players what's your advice to face them?

3) what mistakes do you think people commit and they think they're right? (like for example I read or heard once that you should not risk your tourney life on the early stages going all in Preflop with AKs and I think most people would not Fold this hand preflop on any situation of the tourney)

4) if you could only give one advice to play MTTs on a maximum of ten words, what would it be?

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. I think the best free info is on youtube or twitch

2. I used to before black friday and other sunday majors, don't try to bluff the bad players :)

3. Folding AKs preflop will depend on many factors - including opponent, bbs, skill level of the table.

4. Patience, try not to stack off with 1 pair deep

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm playing it for the first time this weekend so am also interested in people's insights and experience.

Ten word MTT advice:- Survival is everything so think ahead & choose your spots wisely.

Free material - public library, Google/YouTube.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i mainly play microstakes and was lucky enough to win two 1$ MTTs within the last few months :)
i also qualified for the anniversary through a 0.80$ sat to a 2.20$ sat. somehow i got lucky to win it at first try.

1) where have you read the best free material that helped you improve or even win an MTT?
if you don't mind spending some Money, i would recommend some books.
it felt like Kill Phil (basics, for Beginners but good to read if you want to read KE aswell) and Kill Everyone (advanced) gave me an Edge on the microstakes.
i had a good ITM% (~20-25% over the last few years) but a terrible ROI because i was Always About folding ITM instead of going for a really Deep run or Tournament win. reading some books About Basics or advanced concepts should Always help.
if you look for free material, check cardschat Tournament Hand Analysis, 2+2 small stakes Tournament strategy, push/fold Charts from jennifear or Jonathan Little, YouTube,...
i would not recommend twitch because they Play higher stakes and are different to Play than microstakes.

2) Do you regularly play the sunday storm ? this is not a big Buy-in so I'm guessing there are still lots lots of recreational crazy players what's your advice to face them?
i played it a few times (10+) and got a few cashes and a deeper run for About 150$
from my experience, the early stage with Deep stacks is really tight. once you get out of it and late reg is Closing, you don't get to see too many Flops and most is About preflop skills and all-ins.
but I'm not a reg, that is just my Observation

the field is HUGE (i checked it yesterday, already 20.000+) so there are tons of recs and the field should be really soft. in General i think it's a soft field and once you get to the last few hundreds it might get tougher.
don't get intimidated, Play your poker game like in any other Tournament!

3) what mistakes do you think people commit and they think they're right? (like for example I read or heard once that you should not risk your tourney life on the early stages going all in Preflop with AKs and I think most people would not Fold this hand preflop on any situation of the tourney)
About mistakes in the early stage: most People only look at their Hand and overrate it. there is no Point in Building a huge pot early on with just TPTK while V is calling you down with 2pair, overpair or a set.
don't build a huge pot unless you have a huge Hand or the nuts.
in the early stage with deeps stacks of 100+bb and a lot of Action in front of you (like a 4bet with 1 caller and 1 shove or 2-3 People already all-in) i don't mind folding AK. at least one has JJ+ and i don't want to gamble in the early stage with 100bb and AK in a multiway pot.
once i reach the <25bb Zone i don't mind shoving AK

4) if you could only give one advice to play MTTs on a maximum of ten words, what would it be?

3bet more and play your range advantage in Position

Good luck for Sunday :party:

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i mainly play microstakes and was lucky enough to win two 1$ MTTs within the last few months :)
i also qualified for the anniversary through a 0.80$ sat to a 2.20$ sat. somehow i got lucky to win it at first try.

if you don't mind spending some Money, i would recommend some books.
it felt like Kill Phil (basics, for Beginners but good to read if you want to read KE aswell) and Kill Everyone (advanced) gave me an Edge on the microstakes.
i had a good ITM% (~20-25% over the last few years) but a terrible ROI because i was Always About folding ITM instead of going for a really Deep run or Tournament win. reading some books About Basics or advanced concepts should Always help.
if you look for free material, check cardschat Tournament Hand Analysis, 2+2 small stakes Tournament strategy, push/fold Charts from jennifear or Jonathan Little, YouTube,...
i would not recommend twitch because they Play higher stakes and are different to Play than microstakes.

i played it a few times (10+) and got a few cashes and a deeper run for About 150$
from my experience, the early stage with Deep stacks is really tight. once you get out of it and late reg is Closing, you don't get to see too many Flops and most is About preflop skills and all-ins.
but I'm not a reg, that is just my Observation

the field is HUGE (i checked it yesterday, already 20.000+) so there are tons of recs and the field should be really soft. in General i think it's a soft field and once you get to the last few hundreds it might get tougher.
don't get intimidated, Play your poker game like in any other Tournament!

About mistakes in the early stage: most People only look at their Hand and overrate it. there is no Point in Building a huge pot early on with just TPTK while V is calling you down with 2pair, overpair or a set.
don't build a huge pot unless you have a huge Hand or the nuts.
in the early stage with deeps stacks of 100+bb and a lot of Action in front of you (like a 4bet with 1 caller and 1 shove or 2-3 People already all-in) i don't mind folding AK. at least one has JJ+ and i don't want to gamble in the early stage with 100bb and AK in a multiway pot.
once i reach the <25bb Zone i don't mind shoving AK

3bet more and play your range advantage in Position

Good luck for Sunday :party:
Thank you very much will follow this advices good material I just learned [emoji4][emoji4]