Sunday Million Strategy

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What strategy do you think should be chosen for such a tournament as Sunday million?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What strategy do you think should be chosen for such a tournament as Sunday million?

Thank U 4 Posting.

The strategy depends on your skill level and tendencies. LAG play is best vs villains that fold. TAG play is best vs villains that do not fold. Can you play both styles well?

Early aggression is good if you can handle the variance. Building large stacks early makes an enormous difference late. If it bothers you to be the first player out of the tournament 10 times in a row then do not do be intensely agg early.

Winning these big fields usually means shifting between LAG and TAG based on your table. However one constant is always true when you have a big draw you have to be aggressive with it. You always see the best players getting knocked out of tournaments getting all-in at any stage with big draws. They also hit those draws and win tournaments.

The winning strategy is to focus on getting first place.

What does that mean?
It means
taking 50/50 flips.
calling bluffs
Trapping with AA- betting small AA- Allowing villains to bluff on rivers when we have AA and other strong hands of course.

This is of course is only the beginning of a winning tournament strategy.

Hope this helps
:):)

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And lastly, trust your reads and patience!

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
At the beginning of the tournaments always play passive playing in relation to your position you should not risk more than 10 percientod e your stank, in this type of tournament it is not necessary to quickly gather a great pond since if you are looking for that you will be eliminated at the beginning well that is the strategy you use when I play that tournament

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No strategy works in this dreadful tournament. A large amount of time you’ll be card dead circling between J3 and 72. And of course when you do get a hand, you’re likely behind or you get sucked out.

It’s the biggest regular tournament online, they make big money with it. Getting in the money is not a matter of skill just a lottery.

Stay away from this joke

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the same for all tournaments, patience and luck will come alone.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played anything higher than a 16,5$ tournament, so I don’t have any hands on experience with, how a 109$ tournament like the Sunday Millions actually play. But one tendency, I have noticed, is, that when you get to around 10$ tournaments, people do start to bluff more, especially at or near the final table.

Which makes sense, because the money at stake will matter to most people, so there is actually fold equity. Whereas in a 2$ tournament most people are just going to call, if they have a hand. So finding good spots to pick off bluffs is one of the adjustments, which seem to be in order, as you move out of the micros.

For me though should I somehow win a ticket for the Sunday Million, or decide that I have 109$ burning in my pocket, the main thing would be preparation. It’s a 10.000+ player tournament with a slow structure, so I assume, it lasts for at least 12 hours.

In my time zone it starts at 7pm, so I would need to have slept late and not played anything else the whole day, so that I was fresh and rested. I would also need to have vacation, so there was no work waiting for me Monday morning.

Even then my eyes would almost certainly get heavy during the night, and for this reason I don’t think, I will ever be playing the Sunday Millions. To me it just makes no sense to enter a tournament, if you will not be able to play your A-game all the way to the final table.

For players in Asia its even worse, since for them the tournament starts at something like 12pm to 2am, so they need to sleep early and then get up in the middle of the night.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips

Yesterday I played in the Sandai million. No strategy will help if the card does not go. Yesterday I sat for 3 hours, only two times gave pocket pairs 22 and QQ. QQ came at the end of the game, gave hope, but no. QQ hit KK and I flew out of the game. For 3 hours one garbage came 73 or 26. The maximum monster was A10. I'm unlucky, the random number generator left me out of the game:(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I played in the Sandai million. No strategy will help if the card does not go. Yesterday I sat for 3 hours, only two times gave pocket pairs 22 and QQ. QQ came at the end of the game, gave hope, but no. QQ hit KK and I flew out of the game. For 3 hours one garbage came 73 or 26. The maximum monster was A10. I'm unlucky, the random number generator left me out of the game:(

Being card dead in tournaments is something, that will happen rather frequently, and basically there is no strategy for it. All, we can do, is to play another one and have a bankroll.