I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone,

I don't have a big bankroll, so I mostly restrict myself to tourneys between $2-5 in Omaha and Hold 'Em.

I qualified for the Sunday Million tourney via a $2.20 satellite.

The entry fee for the tourney is $215. Late reg is 3 hours, and I don't know how fast people are eliminated, so I feel safer with a late reg (plus I play fairly tight).

Do you think it's better for me to play this tourney, or to withdraw and spend the $215 in tournament money playing my usual smaller entry tourneys.

Thanks in advance

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely if you don't have a huge bankroll take the money and use it on smaller fields, the odds that you cash is not that high if your not used to the format that your about to play,

I guess the biggest question is how confident are you that you can cash, and how much would the money mean to you in the long run if you were to take the tournament dollars.... its your call :)

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should spend it on smaller tourneys if you don't have big bankroll. If you play sunday million i think it would be better to register early and play with more big blinds.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many chances do you think you will have to play for a $1 000 000? I say go for it!!! Play like you`ve never played before! You can do it!!!:elefant:

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure, I mean if you cash out you can always give it a try later on when both your bankroll and skill level increased. So this would be the most sensible decision.

That being said tho I do understand that you'd want to give it a shot (I would probably do that as well), just too much fun to play in such a big tourney.

Anyways it's up to you, tho I wouldn't come in late. Early the stacks are pretty deep so not too much chance of you getting eliminated. Gl mate!

X

xBonkar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask yourself, would you pay 215$ from your BR for that tournament? T$ = $ 😉

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't have big bankroll you should to play smaller tourneys m8.. unless you're prepared to gamble))

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course yours, but I would have played in the anniversary tournament for 10 million.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better for you to play tournaments with smaller buy-ins. Only one moved or your big mistake, and you lost 40 five dollar buy-ins.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are playing tournaments more with high premiums,it is too early to play such big tournaments I'd played 7,5 5,5 11 16,5 22 , and then it will be over 215 ))))

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's your decision , no matter if you play the million or other smaller tournaments it will be fun. I kinda agree with all the other guys who say that is better to spent the T$ in smaller buy-in tournaments. This is the most rational way since as you said you don't have a big bankroll.

On the other hand if you feel confident about your poker abilities and your poker skills go ahead and give it a try. The only thing you gonna lose is your 2.20. I hope to be able in the future to register regularly in the million but for now I believe IMHO that is a unique chance! The field as I sometime observe is not 100% regulars. Maybe 30% of the field is regulars and the other 70% are recreational players or just poker whales.So you must understand that is just a weekly tournament as the others and it is not a sea full of sharks.

If you cash at the million, even the smallest cash will boost your bankroll. Hope always have such sweet dilemmas in you poker career man!!

ps. I would like to know what decision did you make , no matter what. Best of luck either way!! :)

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i THink you should play considering you won the satelitte, never know you might get the right luck at the right time and win the whoel thing. Just give it your best and im sure you will get a positive result. Gl sir

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Entered the tourney... got out around 1400 with top 900 paid. I entered about 2 hours in, hit a bad beat that knocked me down an hour later after building a reasonable stack.

Was down to 4700 chips with blinds at 600/1200 and the UTG raised to 2BB, I shoved on the button with JJ and lost to his A10u (he hit an A on the turn, 10 on the river).

Did have fun doing it though and no regrets...

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Entered the tourney... got out around 1400 with top 900 paid. I entered about 2 hours in, hit a bad beat that knocked me down an hour later after building a reasonable stack.

Was down to 4700 chips with blinds at 600/1200 and the UTG raised to 2BB, I shoved on the button with JJ and lost to his A10u (he hit an A on the turn, 10 on the river).

Did have fun doing it though and no regrets...

Till the next one. You said you had fun. This is the most important , better luck for the next Sunday Million man!!

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better to spend this money on tournaments easier, as there is a level much higher than in 3-5 $ tournaments and the chance to stand against sharks is extremely small without the experience of playing at a high level, you will learn to dig, although as experience this game will be priceless ... so There is much to think about.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having played successfully one time in this tournament, you can ensure yourself a comfortable life for a few years ahead! I would definitely played and even if I did not enter the prizes would be happy immensely !!! Life is a game !!!

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely withdraw and spend the $215 in tournament money playing your usual smaller entry tourneys. This makes more sense especially if you don't have the money to rebuy/re-enter/add-on.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree that it would be better to play smaller tourneys if you have small bankroll!

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would use this chance, the Sunday Million is my dream, I would not trade it for small tournaments) But for you, everything is in your hands.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play on Sunday million it's a great chance and good experience you never know how far you can go until youplay GO FOR IT

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all congratulations friend :congrats::congrats::congrats:
Regarding your question, I think it depends on how you feel about your game.
The two possibilities are good:

1- If you cancel the tournament and use the money to play others is not a bad idea, you can play and win another tournament qualified for the Sunday Million tourney via $ 2.20 satellite again. ;)

2-April 2 is the anniversary of Sunday Million tournament for 10 million and should be played. :thrasher:

Whatever you choose, good luck :):vroam:

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you must play very tightly for ITM if your bankroll is small. In addition more people in this tour will be better than you.

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It tells how your heart?
If it says: go and play in the tournament for 215 - then get up and go play!
If not, then play up to 25