Sunday million

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Please share your best advice for playing in the sunday million. MTTs are my best game, but i rarely play tournaments like the sunday million. Of course i will attempt winning this sunday where the winner takes down 1 million dollars. But what is the best strategy for getting through the massive field it will be this sunday. More than 10,000 registered 4 days before the game. I guess the total amount of players will be 40-50K.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40-60k I think the players will be registered for the tournament Sunday Million

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i am not the player who have great experience from Sunday million ,i have played twice from a ticket that i won.What i loved is that i had excitement and i was so anxious to be in the money .That tournament is very populaire and we are talking about a lot of players you need of course good strategy ,be agressive ...but yeah you need luck too

Last edited:
R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't enter a hand with cards that you are not willing to put up a fight (call a raise) with. And when you have the nuts, don't waste time. Push and push hard.
Seen to many players try to just value bet the pot and get out drawn by some limper or someone with sub standard cards.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a lot of players, but wish I had the opportunity to play it. Good luck

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck in it you will need luck with so many players in it.:):):)

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play strong, don't be afraid to stick with what you know in terms of calling etc just becuase it's larger stakes. Play super tight to make it through the bubble because the value from making money is somuch higher for weaker players than chips are. Once through the bubble play hard to try accumulate lots of chips and make it to the FT!

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With everyone sharing some good advice, you also want to win your flips. Something you simply cannot outrun, and hopefully the flips are in your favor

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play good and have strategy too but for huge feild tournaments you really need so much luck

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is one of my goals for this year, to participate in the Sunday million.
Hopefully we will meet at the table, :)

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the temptation to play for so much money is great but I have no experience in this tournament and the risk of losing my money is very big if I participate I will probably be one of the many fish

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Bring your horse shoes and 4 leaf clovers or any lucky charms you have, you need to be lucky in this one to have any chance. Massive feild should be upwards of 50K entrants.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes in big tourneys, I find it helps just to focus on your table and beating people at your table. It doesn't matter really what is going on at other tables or how many tables there are.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! BTW its not a million dollars for first place - it is a million dollars prize pool. Sorry but still an amazing ROI on your buy-in.

Also theoretically I think you could be the best poker player in the world and play it every weekend and you might never win it (due to variance)

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
winning the sunday millions is the dream of every online player, it requires a lot of luck and strategy to achieve it, it is my dream

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play Tight-Aggressive and don't be afraid. Play your A-game and try to pick up chips when you can!

F

Frankie40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play the same no matter the tournament type. I am not sure if this is a good strategy or not, but I have a simple plan I follow for my game play and it seems to work for me. I would love to win that tournament, but I always start out my games with the plan to cash and then move up as I go. Based on this play, if I a the top of the leader board when we are ITM, I don't change my play. If I am on the bottom of the ladder, like many others, at that point, I might change it up to move up the ladder.

D

Dirosanok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of luck will be needed :) good luck

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! BTW its not a million dollars for first place - it is a million dollars prize pool. Sorry but still an amazing ROI on your buy-in.

Also theoretically I think you could be the best poker player in the world and play it every weekend and you might never win it (due to variance)

I know, usually it is. But this sunday is the 12th anniversary tourney, where the pool has been jacked up to 10 mill. https://www.pokertube.com/article/p...illion-12th-anniversary-take-2-for-10-million

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best advice:
Don’t underestimate how long a MTT with that many players will last!!!

Adjust your sleeping schedule so you will be absolutely fit and focused for the timeframe of the tournament and have enough food and drinks ready...

Then play a tight solid game and hope that your hands hold up...

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the good advice everyone. Looking forward to the game.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you look on the million dollar tournament payout you'll see a million dollars for 1st place. So if noone tries to arrange a payout for the final 3 or 4 then 1st place gets a million dollars.

I'm playing some sats today to win an entry to the million dollar tournament later. I'm really hoping I get it because I've only ever played once in the tournament before and lasted a whole 30 minutes. This was before starting chip stack was 25 000 chips.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow - I thought it was a normal Sunday million - excellent!