Suggestions on ACR tournament

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing on ACR, and I found that many tournaments there are unlimited re-buy and I find it annoying.

Any advice on tournament of ACR that is worth hopping in?

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The really long late registration periods are what annoy me. There are Freezeout tournaments which do not allow reentry and there are tournaments with shorter late registration periods. Best to read the details of each tournaments before registering as to not commit to something and then regret it.

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the one hand it is good because it increases the size of the prize fond.Ima as fish that is not true, another benefit that you can enlarge and stack.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suggestions on ACR tournament
I have been playing on ACR, and I found that many tournaments there are unlimited re-buy and I find it annoying.

Any advice on tournament of ACR that is worth hopping in?

I like tournaments like this because people get to re buy and get there starting chips again but they can not add on or get there chips a little low and can not buy chips and make there chip stack bigger.

I hate being in a tournament of like 2 hours then people can buy chips and have more chips then me. they can re enter but just have the starting chips

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just think a step ahead: Latereg in the last minute, maybe with add-on and you have an average stack. No money for Add-on? Win 1 hand!

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stay away from tournaments that are rebuy/add on type tournaments. It just adds that many more total chips in play to have to somehow get into your stack to win.

Instead I like to play tournaments that have guarantees and have re entries.

nml

nml

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, stick to the freeze outs. I don’t mind re entries so much as add on’s, which basically doubles the entry fee.

I only play the on demands, which are freezeouts, and I think I’d have a hard time switching to something else.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There aren't any games that are "unlimited" rebuy on acr. They may have anywhere from 2 to 5 hrs of late registration which allows someone to rebuy or re-enter multiple times though. These can be grueling grinding games you get in at the start. ACR does this in efforts to recoop the prize money they are awarding. They wouldn't be able to sustain their site without long registrations. Registering late is an option you can choose. Only problem there is you are immediately short stacked. Try some SNG games if you don't like the long reg formats.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather start early can easily build up a stack all lates just add to prize pool and generally are out very quickly when buy in late as most those stacks are like 10 bb or less so guys in massive shove mode those this does lead to some awful beats

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the unlimited re-buys - it builds the prize pool. What I can't stand is the extremely late registration.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the unlimited re-buys and the late registration. But the site needs to earn something back.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the rebuys. It is just like playing against a larger field. Does it matter if it is the same person coming back or a different person? In a way it is better if it is the same person who already lost - maybe they are not such a good player or maybe they are on tilt after a bad beat. If people splash their chips around because they can just rebuy I will try and play a little tighter than that and hopefully take their chips

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I prefer freezeouts because I find rebuy tournaments carry much higher variance.

R