Studying For Someone Returning To The Game

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings everyone,

I played a lot of poker years ago (Live MTT’s only) but have been away from it for a long time. Now that I have both some money and the time, I want to get back into playing live MTT’s once again.

I know the game has changed A LOT the past 10 years, the only studying that I did at the time were the original Harrington on Holdem books....which were AWESOME and taught me an awful lot.

After doing some looking into, it seems like the more popular forms of study present day are online sites....and “Pokernerve” and especially “Raise Your Edge” seem to be the 2 sites I hear the most about.

Are books REALLY that much outdated for today game? And if so, which would you recommend for someone returning to the game after so long?

I’m only interested in learning LIVE MTT’s however.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice!

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also like to read literature about live tournaments, and I would like to try playing! I have been playing online tournaments for 7 years, but I haven’t tried it live!

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jonathan Little has several books specifically for small stakes tournaments. I have couple of them. They are good.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the topic. I will look with interest at the books.

Top 10 Games