STT strategy

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone
So when I started playing poker I used to play only STTs. But i have slowly drifted to MTTs and now dont play STTs at all. I never had any strategy for STTs and I would just play according to how I was feeling. I was a fish but I used to play with other fishes a lot so my winning was around 10-15% (9 handed STT)

Now I've been really wanting to start playing STTs again as they're shorter and more live-like (at least for me because your opponents are not changing). MTTs are a lot of time consuming as well so its hard to make time for them and have enough stamina to last the whole game properly. Hopefully STTs will help out in my MTT games.

I was hoping you could give me some strategies, advice, tips etc to help me become better at STTs.
Also the type of game I prefer is 9 players (18 will do. maybe 45 as well). Slow or normal speed.

Thank you for your time. Cheers :)
Chipsteal_:jd4: :jd4:

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason you're not getting answers is that your question is too broad. I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. You might as well have asked how do I play poker well. There are a myriad of resources that can help you with stt's. Could you narrow your question some? Where do you usually run into difficulties?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to get the best read on your opponents, play one table at a time. The advantage of STT over MTT is that you have a longer time to assess the other players' tendencies.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a general STT out line.

Early -Careful (tight) play. Build and survive.
Middle - Open up a bit and amass chips however you prefer (steal, Be aggressive etc...)
Late- Get ALL the Chips.

If you are OK in MTTs just be sure to adjust as you would but faster (on a shorter time scale). Keep in mind "bubble play".

S

sourfunklemonade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be very very good to play multiple tables that's for sure