Struggling with MP 6max/9max SNGs

M

MadDogMgee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, i've been playing the 6 and 9 max reg sng's for about a year now, and am itm around 36% of the time. Im tryings i see the only to get better, so breaking down my stats I see the only positions I'm not +bb or +ev/bb is sb/mp. I open a pretty tight range from mp, but I think maybe I'm too optimistic when it comes to calling. Do you have any suggestions on how to play the suited connectors or gappers and small/medium pairs from mp; as that is the type of hands i'm losing the most chips with. Thank you for any help.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, i've been playing the 6 and 9 max reg sng's for about a year now, and am itm around 36% of the time. Im tryings i see the only to get better, so breaking down my stats I see the only positions I'm not +bb or +ev/bb is sb/mp. I open a pretty tight range from mp, but I think maybe I'm too optimistic when it comes to calling. Do you have any suggestions on how to play the suited connectors or gappers and small/medium pairs from mp; as that is the type of hands i'm losing the most chips with. Thank you for any help.

Thank U 4 Posting.

Do you have hand histories where you can break down exactly when you are -ev? Early stage -late stage?

Can you look at your bet sizing with those hands at those stages? Should you be shoving these hands in late stage to maximize fold equity?

What range of hands are you losing to?

Are you bleeding chips or are you losing stacks?

Are you becoming passive in the hand and losing to hands that would fold to a shove early in the hand?

You said you had a tight range from MP but then mentioned suited gappers as opens. How do those hands rank vs solid ranges in SNG's?

Hope this helps
:):)