Strategy to play tournaments with bounty

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have a lot of questions about how to play bounty tournaments like the pre-existing KO or the bounty builder. I try to play using a strategy similar to the one I play the big: tight at the beginning, then I'm opening the range to steal and resteal in the middle and tight in the final stretch, but always taking advantage of steal and resteal spots. In the big until I'm having good results, I often go straight. Already in those with bounty I can never reach the final stretch Even to get into itm I feel very difficult! I tried to look for material on this type of tournaments, but I could not find it. If anyone can help me by saying what best strategy to use for these tournaments or where to find material about them I will be very grateful !!!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
those games are a bit complicated for me, since the players are more eager to keep the reward, the few times I've played them they have told me not to pay much attention to the bounty, to make my game as usual

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to forget about the bounties unless I get into a position where it's only a bit more for the bounty or I'm last left with the bounty still in. You can be wider for bounties, but have to be careful of others also chasing the bounty.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well ,bounty tourneys are very hard to play generally I lose because the players are too aggressive and lose control and finishe myself with nonsense hands.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My approach is to build a good stack at initial levels and then crush the lower stack players with an all in approach.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a kind of tournament that needs aggresive game and many times all-in, and I play it when feel I will go well! The nice is that you can have profits without get in money!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Knock Out

I love bounty tournaments. I try to play aggressive and big to knock out anyone and everyone with a bounty on their head.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is my fault too, I always look all in to take down the opponent and win the reward and I forget to keep my game.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying to keep this pattern from time to time, I'm getting some better results.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's some new material form raise your edge but you have to pay for it and I think it's very expensive.Personally, at my beginning I used to overplay some medium cards.As a result I was eliminated too fast. Now I prefer playing tighter than usually because of the more aggression of players in order to get bounties. I try to find the perfect spot to be aggressive.And in these tournaments when you have something very good you have to be more aggressive than ever.With this playing strategy I had some very easy cashes and a final table in 1.10 bounty builder but I have to improve my game more.