pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Have you ever wonder if the “strategies” that are recommended by the “experts” on poker help sites, might be a way to get a bunch of players to follow a known pattern so that they could predict our moves? This will give them a big edge. that’s why I for one try my own approach. I am not saying they do it, but that they might. What do you think? :confused:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I never seen this topic discussed so I am interested on hearing some ideas

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never just be blindly following the advice that someone else tells you without understanding why it's a good idea, so this shouldn't be an issue.

CaioCesar009

CaioCesar009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a good question, but what they say its just for increase your possibily to earn some money

E

EnSabah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possible in theory. But are more reasons to write books and blogs about poker, like fame, status, respect, money, study/understand the game better...then i wont buy the conspiracy idea for now.

But...in financial market I already saw some investiment bank saying buy some stock because was the right time to do that, but the bank just sold all they had of same stock 1-2 days before.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We just have to play like we feel comfortable. Tight, loose, Aggressive and to bet correctly.
There is some luck. but to luck there that corral it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you ever wonder if the “strategies” that are recommended by the “experts” on poker help sites, might be a way to get a bunch of players to follow a known pattern so that they could predict our moves? This will give them a big edge. that’s why I for one try my own approach. I am not saying they do it, but that they might. What do you think? :confused:

Except that in most books & training sites/vids. (at least all of the decent ones), the 'experts' are helping to teach the student how to think... not just outlining a specific 'strategy' (< poker doesn't work that way)

T

Tomasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy does not accept rigidly ,
if something does not like it, we discuss
we implement , confront , included , game theory

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
In my experience with the poker school in pokerstars Intellipoker the instructors are very forceful on their instructions on how and why to play in a given manner. Most tmes I agree but sometimes dont so i just quit the "indoctrination". ;)

O

oldsilver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning players continue to play games and pay rake to the site so PS has a vested interest in training people well, not breeding cannon fodder ;)

Virtually every conceivable alternative strategy has been tried over the years - from insanely large pre-flop sizing, to limping everything, to 3! and 4! heavy strats - so if you're coming up with something new, chances are it's been seen, countered and proven sub-optimal.

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u're new to everything, whatever knowledge u get will be valuable. Why would those pros want u to play a specific type of strategy to know how to easily counterplay if they're probabling never playing against you? When u get to the high stakes where the majority of the book authors play, u'll have your own way of playing, with tons of knowledge already acquired.

Most of the guides and books try to make u understand the game, and analyse actions, not a step by step maker to ur playstyle :)

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
When u're new to everything, whatever knowledge u get will be valuable. Why would those pros want u to play a specific type of strategy to know how to easily counterplay if they're probabling never playing against you? When u get to the high stakes where the majority of the book authors play, u'll have your own way of playing, with tons of knowledge already acquired.

Most of the guides and books try to make u understand the game, and analyse actions, not a step by step maker to ur playstyle :)

nice argument, congratulations it makes sense. I will change my mind. Thanks :wavey: