To Steal or not to steal

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain 1 is really tight has folded all blinds, Villain 2 has folded his bb before.

Would you try to steal here or not? 3x or 2.5x or other?
Steal1

Would you make the call? Are the pot odds right?
Steal2

Unlucky or just horrible thinking?
Steal3

I never took into consideration villain 1s stack size and probability of shoving.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes steal.

Villain 1 is really tight has folded all blinds, Villain 2 has folded his bb before.

Would you try to steal here or not? 3x or 2.5x or other?
View attachment 246863

Would you make the call? Are the pot odds right?
View attachment 246865

Unlucky or just horrible thinking?
View attachment 246867

I never took into consideration villain 1s stack size and probability of shoving.

Thank you for posting

So yes we steal vs two tight blinds. What does it mean when we are stealing? It means we do not want to play a hand we just want to win right there. We do not turn a steal into a hand we play unless it is call pre and we whammy the board.

If tight villain plays back at our steal we fold!

Hope this helps
:):)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in poker, I have three basic rules that I try to adhere to: 1 don’t bluff against short players because they have nothing to lose and they can call you at any time 2 don’t bluff against a leader - because he has enough chips and but he can at any moment check your bluff 3 never bluff against a fish, it always seems to a fish that everyone bluffs against it, since they themselves play like that !!! you had 16bb - now you will probably have to take risks so as not to be short !!!

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are tight and don't raise from the blinds for at least 3 orbits then yes try your move