Splitting the prize pool

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, I'm sure there is some thread about the reasoning behind it somewhere in the vaults but I couldn't find anything on it. I was wondering if there are any poker sites that allow players of a final table - be it either just the final two players going heads up or the entire final table - to make a deal to split the prize money in a way other than the set prize pool. Are there any sites at all that allow this? Is this simply just a feature that I've been missing all of these years that's on any site? Or what is the reasoning that this is not an option anywhere??

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all, I'm sure there is some thread about the reasoning behind it somewhere in the vaults but I couldn't find anything on it. I was wondering if there are any poker sites that allow players of a final table - be it either just the final two players going heads up or the entire final table - to make a deal to split the prize money in a way other than the set prize pool. Are there any sites at all that allow this? Is this simply just a feature that I've been missing all of these years that's on any site? Or what is the reasoning that this is not an option anywhere??

Generally it's in the higher prize pools. I've seen it on ACR back when they had the Sunday Million. I don't know about any other site. I'm in the states so can't play most other sites. It would pop up in the chat box and say if you want to make a deal type the word DEAL all players would have to type it. and all agree.

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker stars has a make a deal checkbox that appears when on the final table. If all players tick a deal can be made.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not know how on the other poker rooms but on pokerstars in almost all games when the final table is reached, the players can make a deal !!!

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the old days when Pokerstars was legal in the U.S., I saw many deals and chops made at final tables on a continuous basis and that was many years ago.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies everyone - I've made it to multiple final tables in ACR recently with no option (unless I missed it, I'll have to start paying closer attention to chat), or maybe it is a stake thing like MemphisGrind suggested. I'm in PA so I can't play on PokerStars (yet) but that is good to know as it will hopefully be coming within the next few months. The "make a deal" is a great option to have, glad to know it's still out there.

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but usually no one makes a deal at the FT, is rarely to seen even more players like 6+ makes the deal, maybe heads-up but rarely.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally it's only on sunday millions. There's no point in making a deal when the prize money is about 20 dollars for first place.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not quite understand what it means to the division of prizes and what does it do. At the final table, each his its

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
full tilt had it back in the day. i liked it but it wasnt often easily done.

B

Baker122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Back before the infamous shutdown in 2011 .UB had the option to chop on every final table, you would have to click a tab that popped up. Everyone might click at 6 players left except one if he wanted to wait til 3-4 players left anyway as soon as the last player clicked on it then it would split with the remaining players .but that was years ago

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play at pokerstars, and there is option for aggrement between the remaining players, in the final table. Even at the cardschat freeroll. I saw it few days ago.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A) If I got to such prizes, then I would play until the last) not what kind of deal :)

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i split betwen 3 people on pokerstar in mmt rebay

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On PokerStars there is such a function, it appears only at the final table, I was offered several times to share the winnings but I always refused, and will always refuse, because then the very essence of the game is lost, for me it is fundamentally