Spin & go strats?

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are there any good strats for spin & go's?

I know this format has a lot of variance and it is hard to get ROI but has anyone experienced a good way to steadily profit from it?

At the first 5 levels it does not seem that hard but many times I end up loosing with the best hand

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
3 handed widen your range to steal blinds, but be tight early when blinds are small. Let the other 2 knock each other out and play only premium hands early. pick your spots and go with it. spins are tough to make a steady profit from, just hope to hit a big multiplier and win it.

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 handed widen your range to steal blinds, but be tight early when blinds are small. Let the other 2 knock each other out and play only premium hands early. pick your spots and go with it. spins are tough to make a steady profit from, just hope to hit a big multiplier and win it.

Thanks for the tip, I was playing $1 spins, and went from below 40 to above 80 in a few days of gaining 5 per day after like 3 hours of gameplay because of the variance, but it seemed like almost all the time I go all in I have the better hand and end up losing my stack (usually I end up knocking the first player) and then going all in for my life with the best hand and losing haha

But yeah I agree with what you said, I think I'll grind SNG a little bit more and with more breathing room I'll try and play a few spins just for the luck

:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I`m pretty strong HU,so i generally play prem hands only,i wait for them to kill the other then play HU,,,then take it down. It works for me:D It helps to have a strong heads-up game,i would work on that:deal: (and never give up,i`ve noticed some ease up when they get up to $1200 and you only have 2-300 in chips left,HUGE mistake!!)

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I`m pretty strong HU,so i generally play prem hands only,i wait for them to kill the other then play HU,,,then take it down. It works for me:D It helps to have a strong heads-up game,i would work on that:deal: (and never give up,i`ve noticed some ease up when they get up to $1200 and you only have 2-300 in chips left,HUGE mistake!!)

Thanks for the advice terryk!, at least in the $1 spins it is rare to find good players overall, (I do not consider myself one) but because how the spins work lots of bad beats, but you are correct probably a good HU gameplay is the best you can have for these

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are there any good strats for spin & go's?

I know this format has a lot of variance and it is hard to get ROI but has anyone experienced a good way to steadily profit from it?

At the first 5 levels it does not seem that hard but many times I end up loosing with the best hand

To play these types of hyper-turbo games, you have to be willing to play extremely tight early to avoid put unncessary chips in the pot early on so that you are not trailing from the start, conversely later on you need to shove all your chips to avoid getting eaten by blinds and raises. These types of games involve very little skill and a lot of timing and recognition of your opponents feel. There are no bluffing strategies or manipulation, just pure aggression on good solid hands as well as a lot of luck.

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play these types of hyper-turbo games, you have to be willing to play extremely tight early to avoid put unncessary chips in the pot early on so that you are not trailing from the start, conversely later on you need to shove all your chips to avoid getting eaten by blinds and raises. These types of games involve very little skill and a lot of timing and recognition of your opponents feel. There are no bluffing strategies or manipulation, just pure aggression on good solid hands as well as a lot of luck.

Thanks for the input, yes it seems that way, I guess I just had a good run and wanted to see if it was feasible, I'll go back and try and grind SNG's and from time to time with some excess profit hopefully, play like 1 and see if there's a jackpot