Sometimes Folding Wins
:listen:

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding Aces deep in a satellite is acceptable, but not really advisable.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never reset AA or KK preflop. The number 1 player who put all in was a madman, relying on luck in this situation.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, when the calculations are already in prize money, there is no point in risking even AA, around which there is some kind of "special" aura, a light whisper to put ALL)))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to play satelite tournaments, you need to learn to stop playing, when your chips is enough to fold your way to a sure cash. What you saw here is a pretty common and very costly mistake.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are correct. I have made more than a few final tables in mtts and, when I looked back at how things played out, I realized that I folded at a higher rate once we got to the bubble and, I continued to fold more after we had reached the money. When I found myself in the bottom one third of, say, 30 players, by playing with a little more caution I would find myself moving up in rank by simply folding and watching players ahead of me crash and burn in a shoving match.

That's not to say I didn't have to make some plays along the way. I found it easier to do so because I had a tighter table image.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm, we must show discipline and discipline in poker to achieve good results in the long term. it's better to fold when you're sure to be among the winners. but sometimes it's easier to say it than to do it.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play a satellite is what you should do, it is not important if you are first or fourteenth, the prize is the same, which is the ticket for the tournament. What happened between both opponents who were in the 1 and 2 place at that time was that they did not have the ability to know that here it was not about earning money just to finish between the places awarded with the ticket of course, a big mistake of concentration of both

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in an expensive satellite, if you have correctly calculated everything and are in the top of the winners, resetting AA KK is quite a reasonable decision.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that fold AA on bubble of satellite is ok, but if was a regular tournament I think is better call.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, Sometimes i like to lie, and don't no why?

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's ok to bend AA on a satellite

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw this happening a lot of times in satellites, don't know why! People with stacks big enough to make the prize risking his stacks. I believe they are not aware how satellites works or just don't care, who knows.

So, the title is correct, 'Sometimes Folding wins', specially for sats.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aa can be reset if you play a satellite and you are in a bubble. And the prizes are of equal value. In other cases, it's more a decision which would adversely affect the further game in the tournament. There are cases when aa lose. They are few.

Folding in Poker