everyone fold, the button was sitting out
I call, the SB call (33BB) and the BB (68BB) check
The flop was :7s4::10c4::5d4:
SB check, BB check, I all-in.

SB Fold, BB call with :js4::4s4:

River :5s4:

Turn :3s4:

BB won with flush.

ok my question is why he called?, I really know that I had no chance in the tournament was very short of chips and to be honest I did not want to post since it was not my best tournament besides that it is a CC partner, but really I would like to know why he called, I do not ask about my mistakes because they are obvious, just why he call?

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, this was in today's free:
the blinds 50/100
I was in CO (7BB) with :jh4: :8d4:

BB won with flush.

ok my question is why he called?, I really know that I had no chance in the tournament was very short of chips and to be honest I did not want to post since it was not my best tournament besides that it is a CC partner, but really I would like to know why he called, I do not ask about my mistakes because they are obvious, just why he call?
Well I guess he figured with that flop and your small stack it was worth calling your allin less than 10% of his stack

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Obviously he is a whale and his call is as ridiculous as your limp.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because in the tournament met two fish and he was just lucky.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously he is a whale and his call is as ridiculous as your limp.

Ok I have to respond to your post because it is true that my tournament was a disaster from the beginning, I can not describe it because I would have to use expressions that go against the forum policies, why the limp was trying to be able steal and look for a better stack because by my position I could wait some hands to go all-in and try to return to the tournament, if I went all-in preflop the SB or BB would call and I had a weak hand, I tried This case of giving the impression that I had a mediocre hand (like the one I really had) and looking for a low flop to see if I could steal the blinds.

Greetings and thanks for your reply

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because in the tournament met two fish and he was just lucky.
It is not a problem that a great poker player like you tell me that I am a fish that does not matter to me, but I think that you should show some respect for the other member of CC, also I had to answer because that was the main reason, for which I thought a lot about doing this thread, I did not want to expose another CC member.

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess he figured with that flop and your small stack it was worth calling your allin less than 10% of his stack

That is a very good response and it is what seems logical but from the point of view of the other player after the flop only has 3 outs to win the hand what I do not understand is because with so few chances, give me the opportunity to double my stack.

Greetings and thanks for your reply

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not a problem that a great poker player like you tell me that I am a fish that does not matter to me, but I think that you should show some respect for the other member of CC, also had to answer because that was the main reason, for which I thought a lot about doing this thread, I did not want to expose another CC member.
You also need to remember everyone has an opinion right or wrong. And some like to hear themselves talk.:D:D

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You also need to remember everyone has an opinion right or wrong. And some like to hear themselves talk.:D:D

the only thing I can say with all the truth is that you are absolutely right

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the blinds 50/100

BB won with flush.

First, limping with 7BB from the CO w/J8o is not a good play at all. What exactly as the purpose of this pre-flop choice? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? With 7BB you should only be playing a push/fold style. J8o would be a clear push according to nash charts.

Second, you have hit literally nothing on the flop. Why are you pushing now with nothing but a gutter and an overcard? Do you think you have the best hand? If you wanted to avoid a showdown, again you should of pushed pre-flop.

The answer to your question, your stack is so small on the flop that you have very little fold equity. Your opponent must have thought your play looked weak and took a gamble to try to hit his hand. Its only a few more BB and he has a big stack in which to gamble.

A fish is not a derogatory term (at least it is not supposed to be) but refers to a player with a loose play style with a high Vpip usually around 50, higher would be referred to as a whale.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, limping with 7BB from the CO w/J8o is not a good play at all. What exactly as the purpose of this pre-flop choice? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? With 7BB you should only be playing a push/fold style. J8o would be a clear push according to nash charts.

Second, you have hit literally nothing on the flop. Why are you pushing now with nothing but a gutter and an overcard? Do you think you have the best hand? If you wanted to avoid a showdown, again you should of pushed pre-flop.

The answer to your question, your stack is so small on the flop that you have very little fold equity. Your opponent must have thought your play looked weak and took a gamble to try to hit his hand. Its only a few more BB and he has a big stack in which to gamble.

A fish is not a derogatory term (at least it is not supposed to be) but refers to a player with a loose play style with a high Vpip usually around 50, higher would be referred to as a whale.

Ok I will try to make me understand everything you mention is right was a very, very bad play that is clear and I'm not justifying just want to know if you are in the position of the other player with Js4s you call? and why?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
the blinds 50/100

BB won with flush.

Hi.

Besides, BB has a big stack, the board is available :7s4: .I guess BB has thought he could make a flush. :)

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a fish. I have many times won kolliruya my hand (AA, jj, qq, etc.) hand like j2
You must distinguish between the skill of yours opponents. Without a strong strong hand, it is dangerous to play aggressively against maniacs who play with either hand. But when you have a strong hand ready and a good board, these players represent a pure treasure.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In what world are you calling anythng with 7BB and not shoving COME ON!!! you deserve to lose the hand shove 7, blinds probl fold and you pick up blinds. You do stupid stuff like limp and wonder why a hand that wouldnt of been in the hand to start with is beating you on the river.

THE STORY IS YOUR ACTION PRE SORRY!!!

--HMMM J8o SUITED id shove, Off suit FOLD THIS!!!