Some points worth mentioning after I won tonight's PS Freeroll

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to write this thread to thank everyone in FC for a good game and especially my #1 supporter today, PS user, Predrag Jack... sorry for the KO buddy.

Key points:

- I maintained a consistent lead through the tournament.
- I never slowed down my pace down and scored many KOs.
- When I decided to go all out, I reached a stack of 140k when 2nd place was at 46k.
- I kept this going until everyone was cleaned out.
- At times, people called me a donk.
- At times, I called myself a donk.
- The game was FUN and there was a lot of healthy banter flying around.
- I was listening to Avicii after the last 5 minute break.

I hope to show you this performance again soon. My real goal is beating the tournaments in record time. Today's game took 2:51. I'm also writing this here for future reference. The reason I'm quite proud of today's performance is because I won using my understanding of the game, not dumb luck and I was very much in control of the situation at all times.

I referenced the thread I wrote explaining my approach towards poker several times during the last two tables. Here it is if you're interested: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/lea...management-downswing-domination-guide-439934/

Thanks again and I'll see you next time.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the win it feels good to be the champion.:)
bucket

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on the win! Have to say its hard maintaining the lead from early on well done.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Congratulations. Keep up the good work. It could well be the start of a wonderful career playing poker.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your victory!!
One question, do you think this will happen again soon? You call double allin A8s vs AQs with QT and you won lol.. That is not poker, my humble opinion.. Good luck bro :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One question, do you think this will happen again soon? You call double allin A8s vs AQs with QT and you won lol.. That is not poker, my humble opinion.. Good luck bro :)

It's not poker if I do it every hand. I only do risky plays like that when I don't have much to lose relative to the rest of the players at the table (or rather, I'm getting better at saving those moves for when I'm in that position).

For example, at the final table, I offered #2 to level the playing field so we had a more balanced heads up. I was at around 230k and he was at 90ish. I went ai for like 5 hands straight and finally he called when I had Q8o and he had A7o. I pulled out a queen and closed the game. Wasn't my intention to win that way but I don't dictate the cards.

Anyway, I'm not saying I have my style perfected just yet. I imagine it will take at least the rest of the year if not another year. Results put and end to debate and open minds for explanation so we can tally them and dive in for a review at that point.

Tomorrow may be too optimistic for a repeat but I have a decent chance of doing it again over the next 5 freerolls I participate in. At least I think so. Ah, what the hell do I know.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Palju õnne selle võidu puhul siis ... :cool:

I'm not sure but we have yet to play in same table right ...
Also you have already more wins here than me lol ...

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats!
Use the 20 dollar wisely.
Winning the FRC is a once/twice a year thing :)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to write this thread to thank everyone in FC

I hope to show you this performance again soon.

Thanks again and I'll see you next time.

I can't tell you where the journey will end but I can tell you thats a good start :D

may your performance be repeated many times :) best of luck :)

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats. As with any tourney win, it takes some luck.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
This thread is hilarious. First point..(lol) great win.
2nd point..dont let it go to your head..see threads below.
My first impression was..wow ego. And then decided that you know what..really it is a great win. So enjoy it. It doesnt happen that often.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
It's not poker if I do it every hand. I only do risky plays like that when I don't have much to lose relative to the rest of the players at the table (or rather, I'm getting better at saving those moves for when I'm in that position).

For example, at the final table, I offered #2 to level the playing field so we had a more balanced heads up. I was at around 230k and he was at 90ish. I went ai for like 5 hands straight and finally he called when I had Q8o and he had A7o. I pulled out a queen and closed the game. Wasn't my intention to win that way but I don't dictate the cards.

Anyway, I'm not saying I have my style perfected just yet. I imagine it will take at least the rest of the year if not another year. Results put and end to debate and open minds for explanation so we can tally them and dive in for a review at that point.

Tomorrow may be too optimistic for a repeat but I have a decent chance of doing it again over the next 5 freerolls I participate in. At least I think so. Ah, what the hell do I know.

Your very last sentence is the correct one.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The next day,,, View attachment 257671 and today,,,, View attachment 257672 it's hard to win,,,even harder to repeat. :p

That's what I'm talking about. That "crazy strategy" may be successful, but it is not knowledge. Just luck, like playing lotto or bingo. ;)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congrats on the win mate. Always a great feeling to win one. Best of luck at the table in the future.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey thanks for the supportive (and skeptical) comments. As I said, results will be the proof and time will tell. I still have 3 games left to repeat the performance that kicked off this thread and a year to round out my playing style - according to my stated goals.

I think the stage is set for today. I'm feeling good and I enjoy the pressure of having you waiting for my failure.

Perspective helps in these moments... psst, they're just freerolls and these are just words on the internet ffs.

Anyway, if you catch me in the zone tonight, you have no chance.

Simply put, winning these have to be easy because there are a lot of tougher tables in the world and I won't accept a win that doesn't feel as effortless as the last one even if I do manage to get it.

Thanks again and good luck for tonight.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure kid :damnmate: Nobody here wants you to fail,kid.But,you are making it kinda fun,so thx. :p and GL in your future games,,,,

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

These types of luck or cards only sustain when players are limited in number.
It is virtually impossible to run this kind of show in tourneys like Big fish on 888 where players are more than 1000 in numbers with a rebuy options and 10-15 mins blind level.

But still you deserve this win So have fun and GL for next games.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight's freeroll results:

2572 entries and I took 232nd place. (12x more participants than last time)

I'm not making excuses in this loss. I did my best and it was true that the pressure only enhanced my focus. If it wasn't for you skeptics, I would have given up wayyy sooner by letting the cards get to me.

I didn't care much for the previous two losses because I sat down at the table with a defeatist mindset and deserved to get kicked out.

Points to note:

- Early on I realized I was getting no favors from the cards. I played less than 20 hands the whole game. I'm not blaming the cards, this is part of the game. Almost all my hands were complete rags and even when I folded preflop I would match nothing with the board most of the time.
- Decided patience was the name of this game.
- Sooo.. in contrast to my previous playing style, I hunkered down and made it a matter of survival. No risky moves. At first I thought crossing the 1500th ranking would be decent but when I shifted gears and played my best tight game, I wound up at 232.
- I never went above 2k chips. This should put me under pressure but I was just focused and it's interesting to watch players with 8-15k blowing up around you after one bad hand while you're huddled with your ~1k.
- The only inexcusably bad move I made was when I was at 1.7k chips and blinds were I believe 100/200. I saw the flop and had a K high flush draw which I chased down with the opponent betting 400 each subsequent card. I missed and had to fold at the last bet. That's the hand I'm going to drink away tonight.

What I hope is expressed here is that I am capable of switching gears and playing tight when necessary. If you are convinced I'm an AI donk, you're wrong.

Anyway, I'll take a break for the rest of the week. I'm thinking next Monday will be a good time for my next attempt.

Still 2 chances to go and there won't be 2.5k players to beat.

Thanks again for your support.

Play your best game every hand and remember, it's not over until the final river.

I'm off to find a beer in honor of that poorly chased flush.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st off fun thread, we need personalities and makes life fun, congrats on the win, from my point of view, i have won a few mtt while leading from the front, and i find it much easier to win from the front than anything else, I have also won from the bottom and that takes much more effort and focus, lol .... that's just my experience, maybe different for others, i want my game to win from any position, but yes being chip leader is the aim for most players and imo it's the reason pro's take risks early in wsop for example because maybe they also sense it's easier to win from the front, I look forward to meeting on the felt and let the battles begin :)