Some interesting hands from PS Bounty B $5.50 [Saturday special] August 24,2019

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today earn FT in PS Bounty B $5.50 [Saturday special] August 24,2019.

Want to show some hands from tournament and ask some questions.

1) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426381_41ABB93F28

Can I call allin here?

2) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426399_3943CE239B

Winner show his hand in final. What do you think- what hand he show?

3) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426565_8B4C3004AD

I have 2 questions here - 1 - what hand winner show 2 - must I call preflop or no?

4) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426598_6B477148EC

How I must played this hand properly?

5) My unlucky final table

https://www.boomplayer.com/31426858_26B2CF413E

How do you play in this situation?

PS Shover in hand #5 won this tournament

GL all!!!!

Last edited:
F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
73s fold pre. On the flop flop fold again, are you hoping to see AQ there?
73 is not connected enough to limp pre and you are not in late position either.

64o well player (probably fold pre flop, but ill let it pass)

A8o again well played. you dont want to mess against strong ranges oop.

A5s is a tricky one, but probably is best just to fold (looking for comments on this one). On the flop you have pretty clear bomb. you are can take down really decent pot right there and not worry that you are dead too often (against sets mainly). I assume limper can fold even weak pocket pair there (dunno the tendencies of these games). Anyway blow the pot and highfive your friends that you have an opportunity to play in position and fully realize your equity. Though i am not 100% on this.

AQ again we want to play bigger pots with our strong hands against their wide range so raise pre flop.

Good Luck!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
73s fold pre. On the flop flop fold again, are you hoping to see AQ there?
73 is not connected enough to limp pre and you are not in late position either.

64o well player (probably fold pre flop, but ill let it pass)

A8o again well played. you dont want to mess against strong ranges oop.

A5s is a tricky one, but probably is best just to fold (looking for comments on this one). On the flop you have pretty clear bomb. you are can take down really decent pot right there and not worry that you are dead too often (against sets mainly). I assume limper can fold even weak pocket pair there (dunno the tendencies of these games). Anyway blow the pot and highfive your friends that you have an opportunity to play in position and fully realize your equity. Though i am not 100% on this.

AQ again we want to play bigger pots with our strong hands against their wide range so raise pre flop.

Good Luck!
Thanks!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) 73s. Clear fold pre. Just because its suited, and someone limped into the pot, does not mean, you should be playing as well. As played good fold on the flop.

2) 64o. Also fold pre. Yeah you are getting a 50% discount, but what are you even trying to hit with a hand like this OOP and multiway? You flopped a pair, and you can still not continue, so you are really not going to win this very often at all.

3) A8o. Good fold pre. Its very rare, you want to call from SB, and this is certainly not good enough to 3-bet. Its one of the worst aces with no flush or straight potential.

4) A5s. This is a little tricky because of his stack size, and you also have a short stack behind you in the blinds, that can rejam on you. But even so I still prefer to isolate the limper and get it heads up against him or even take down the blinds and antes. Make it 4-5 times the big blind here.

If the short stacker jam on you, you have to call it off, and its not great, but you still have chips left, even you dubble him up, and you have a hand, that almost always have 30+ % equity. If the limper go for the limp-reraise, or if SB 3-bet large, you have to fold, but I dont expect that to happen very often.

Limping behind is clearly also a +EV play though, so its not a mistake like hand number 1. Preflop is also a bit tricky. You could raise this as a bluff, but A high have showdown value, and calling cant be a mistake either. Just unfortunate, that you did not improve on any of your many outs.

5) AQs. I dont understand your limp on BTN. You are certainly deep enough to make a standard raise here and try to take down the blinds, or if you get action play a pot in position. If he jam over a standard raise, this hand is to strong to fold. You gotta call it off and hope to win the flip, which this time unfortunately you did not. But hey thats tournament poker in a nutshell.

Last edited:
B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of folded all but a,5 hearts a,q hearts. I would of folded a,5 after turn maybe flop to expensive for drawing hands. . He seemed aggressive so unless willing to just straight up gamble im gone.

As for a.q hearts. I am a tight aggressive player. No nit tho. I find it better to raise a good bit. Clears out the rift raft with marginal hands at best. I find trapping to usually turn ugly if its not a heads up deal. But you played the tourney and got to the final table so i would say your very lucky or talented. Work on the leaks and im sure you will do fine.:ciao:

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) 73s. Clear fold pre. Just because its suited, and someone limped into the pot, does not mean, you should be playing as well. As played good fold on the flop.

2) 64o. Also fold pre. Yeah you are getting a 50% discount, but what are you even trying to hit with a hand like this OOP and multiway? You flopped a pair, and you can still not continue, so you are really not going to win this very often at all.

3) A8o. Good fold pre. Its very rare, you want to call from SB, and this is certainly not good enough to 3-bet. Its one of the worst aces with no flush or straight potential.

4) A5s. This is a little tricky because of his stack size, and you also have a short stack behind you in the blinds, that can rejam on you. But even so I still prefer to isolate the limper and get it heads up against him or even take down the blinds and antes. Make it 4-5 times the big blind here.

If the short stacker jam on you, you have to call it off, and its not great, but you still have chips left, even you dubble him up, and you have a hand, that almost always have 30+ % equity. If the limper go for the limp-reraise, or if SB 3-bet large, you have to fold, but I dont expect that to happen very often.

Limping behind is clearly also a +EV play though, so its not a mistake like hand number 1. Preflop is also a bit tricky. You could raise this as a bluff, but A high have showdown value, and calling cant be a mistake either. Just unfortunate, that you did not improve on any of your many outs.

5) AQs. I dont understand your limp on BTN. You are certainly deep enough to make a standard raise here and try to take down the blinds, or if you get action play a pot in position. If he jam over a standard raise, this hand is to strong to fold. You gotta call it off and hope to win the flip, which this time unfortunately you did not. But hey thats tournament poker in a nutshell.

Thanks for answers!
About AQ:
Before FT I and my opp seats in the same positions at one table, I take the limp tactics with smth like JT suited, he raise 3BB as usual, I call and got in top pair on flop. He countbet - I'm call, on turn he bet again, I'm call again. River he check, so am I. He bluffing me from 37, I won pot.
Then first hand on FT I got AQ hearts and want make trap for him. Limping again and wait he raise me again, but he got weak A and shove to afraid me to fold, as I understand, cause I call. Also it may be tilt move from him. As I saw in odds Calculator he had 25% vs my 70%, but he got his luck and eliminated me. Then I saw that he won 1st place.

GL!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would of folded all but a,5 hearts a,q hearts. I would of folded a,5 after turn maybe flop to expensive for drawing hands. . He seemed aggressive so unless willing to just straight up gamble im gone.

As for a.q hearts. I am a tight aggressive player. No nit tho. I find it better to raise a good bit. Clears out the rift raft with marginal hands at best. I find trapping to usually turn ugly if its not a heads up deal. But you played the tourney and got to the final table so i would say your very lucky or talented. Work on the leaks and im sure you will do fine.:ciao:
Thanks for answer, reason why I limp AQ I wrote in previous post.

GL!

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 Hand. fold preflop. Search on internet "preflop starting hands by position".

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

PS Some thoughts about luck and skills - if you have pocket AA and get in the same situation with runner-runner flush - you will play allin from button preflop or try to raise pot? Or you try to trap opponent on BB? So without luck you not be save even by superskill.
Today I get in the same situation on PS Big $3.3, but not on FT.
I get AK on BB, see 3BB raise from button and reraise all-in. Button call with A6 not suited. Flop 663.
So as I think, 50% luck - 50% skill.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still dont think, its a good strategy to limp in on BTN. Its different, if you are in SB seat, because then you are out of position, so BB has a lot of incentive to call you, if you open. But from BTN your goal should be to steal the blinds and antes. Even if he have junk like J8o, he still have 32% chance of getting there and ending up with the best hand at showdown. And also you are going to miss the flop 2/3 of the time, so unless you plan to hero call him with A high, a lot of the time his bluffs will actually work, and you let him win with the worst hand.

So there is simply more value in getting him to fold out his 32% equity and picking up the blinds and antes, than in trying to "trap" him. Picking up one round of blinds and antes at this stage increase your stack more than 10%, which is pretty meaningfull, and its also low risk, which is very important. Maybe there is some merit in having a limping strategy from BTN, when stacks get down to around 15BB, because then your opponent has a lot of incentive to rejam on you. But with 20+ BB I just dont see the value in it, and if you are constantly doing this, I suggest to reevaluate and adjust your strategy.

Last edited:
V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today earn FT in PS Bounty B $5.50 [Saturday special] August 24,2019.

Want to show some hands from tournament and ask some questions.

1) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426381_41ABB93F28

Can I call allin here?

2) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426399_3943CE239B

Winner show his hand in final. What do you think- what hand he show?

3) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426565_8B4C3004AD

I have 2 questions here - 1 - what hand winner show 2 - must I call preflop or no?

4) https://www.boomplayer.com/31426598_6B477148EC

How I must played this hand properly?

5) My unlucky final table

https://www.boomplayer.com/31426858_26B2CF413E

How do you play in this situation?

PS Shover in hand #5 won this tournament

GL all!!!!

congrats on your final table :)

1) fold pre!! 73s is not a Hand we want to Play and you wasted 10bb here. you can't call the all-in with a gutshot and a Backdoor flush (too lazy to do the math, but it is -EV Pretty sure).
2.) the min bet on the river after the 2x half pot size bet Shows some weakness, so he could bluff here with A high. hard to tell what he had without some stats on him.
3.) good fold. A8o OOP is not a Hand we want to Play with a stack of ~30bb. again hard to tell what he showed without stats. if he is tight, 99+ AK/AQ
4.) raise pre 3-4x. the flop is really nice, you have nut fd, straight draw and any A to improve your Hand. I would reraise to put player1 all-in because our Outs are better than most of his Hands (except 77 33 22 A3 A2 A7). we are also ahead vs any overpair (if he tried to Play them sneaky) except AA.
5.) nice trap, really unlucky with the Outcome. flatting is fine, I think I might raise 3x and call any shove. shoving is also fine.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I read an article About the Benefits from limping QQ+ in the sb/on the button against aggressive Players.
It should not be our Standard Play, but if we get them to raise, it's a nice spot to shove.
AQs is not QQ+ though, but still a strong Hand to make a call/shove +EV after limping

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congrats on your final table :)

1) fold pre!! 73s is not a Hand we want to Play and you wasted 10bb here. you can't call the all-in with a gutshot and a Backdoor flush (too lazy to do the math, but it is -EV Pretty sure).
2.) the min bet on the river after the 2x half pot size bet Shows some weakness, so he could bluff here with A high. hard to tell what he had without some stats on him.
3.) good fold. A8o OOP is not a Hand we want to Play with a stack of ~30bb. again hard to tell what he showed without stats. if he is tight, 99+ AK/AQ
4.) raise pre 3-4x. the flop is really nice, you have nut fd, straight draw and any A to improve your Hand. I would reraise to put player1 all-in because our Outs are better than most of his Hands (except 77 33 22 A3 A2 A7). we are also ahead vs any overpair (if he tried to Play them sneaky) except AA.
5.) nice trap, really unlucky with the Outcome. flatting is fine, I think I might raise 3x and call any shove. shoving is also fine.

Thanks for answer!

about 2) - winner show 94 not suited - it was bluff

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played really good every thing, accept last hand, mistake is not raising AQ, even jam all in

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands