Some advice

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to playing poker, what strategy advice do you recommend for tournaments? and there are some losing ways that beginners comment on and what are they for me to avoid ?? to everyone who can help me thank you very much :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm new to playing poker, what strategy advice do you recommend for tournaments? and there are some losing ways that beginners comment on and what are they for me to avoid ?? to everyone who can help me thank you very much :)

Thank U 4 Posting

1 All poker advice depends on what your villains weaknesses are -so you want to ask what tournament advice for - freerolls or $1 entries or $5 or $50 -etc.

2 Tournaments are about building stacks and protecting those stacks when you build them.

3 Good tournament players cash 1 out of 6 tournaments they play in and when they cash they try to make final tables. Trying to min cash every tournament you play in is the wrong strategy.

4 You have to have skills for playing sub 20bb something you should never do playing cash so working on that part of your game before playing for money is always wise. You can easily do this playing for free on most sites and watching free strategy videos on that topic.

Hope this helps
:):)

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best choice for starting a career is a low AFS (up to 500 people), mainly reg-speed tables and selection of time and place with the weakest composition of players. Because novice players need experience of the game - finals, pre-finals, a sense of profit, self-confidence, and there will be very few of them in the evening at pokerstars, they will be replaced by frequent disappointments, hatred of the room, irritation from bad beats after 5 hours of play, and others destructive emotions that distract from optimal play and poker development.
Many beginners and others underestimate the importance of convenience while playing. The psyche gets tired of all sorts of irritating factors and it becomes harder to make optimal decisions. It is better to start by looking through all possible settings in the room being played, carefully removing all unnecessary, ads, dealer chat, avatars, pop-up messages, set up your favorite places, bet-size buttons, tournament filter, table and card animation. I recommend using the layout for each room you play, choose the same for everyone, so that the tables differ minimally. Use neutral colors. Good and most importantly free layouts can be found on this site or purchased online.good luck)

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Would Recommend Mastering The Basics...

It is No Joke that they say Poker takes minutes to learn and a LifeTime to Master! There is a 30 Day Course, I think it is called "Become A Winning Poker Player in 30 Days". offered here at CardsChat. I would recommend completing that course while beginning to play and learn the game. Preferably you play freerolls and low stakes. Only move up in stakes when your success at current stakes justifies it. Repeat the course every 30 days, until it becomes redundant. Some aspects will make more sense as you gain experience.

Best of Luck Henriquekbnz, and All, at The Tables!

CheezeWiz

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is No Joke that they say Poker takes minutes to learn and a LifeTime to Master! There is a 30 Day Course, I think it is called "Become A Winning Poker Player in 30 Days". offered here at CardsChat. I would recommend completing that course while beginning to play and learn the game. Preferably you play freerolls and low stakes. Only move up in stakes when your success at current stakes justifies it. Repeat the course every 30 days, until it becomes redundant. Some aspects will make more sense as you gain experience.

Best of Luck Henriquekbnz, and All, at The Tables!

CheezeWiz
Thanks Bro [emoji123]

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is to play as many hands of poker as you possibly can. Learn as you go. Learn on the fly. Make mistakes. Learn from them.

Clearly you don't want to lose money while you are learning (and you WILL lose money since you will be making plenty of strategy mistakes while learning)... so my suggestion to people is that they join poker stars (or whichever site you prefer) and only use the play chips. Make a fun challenge for yourself, try to turn the few play chips they give you for free into a lot of play chips. Obviously this won't cost you any money (I don't recommend that people purchase play chips since they are worthless). I know a lot of players disagree and believe that "play chip poker isn't real poker", but I disagree. Even if the poker is low quality, so what? You are going to be learning things regardless. You will be absorbing the ups and downs of this game no matter what the quality or level of poker is. Play chip poker is beatable, so figure out your own strategy of how to beat the game over the long run. Perhaps you'll get too greedy and lose all your play chips - this is a valuable lesson too in proper bankroll management.

Also, watch all the videos you possible can on poker. Read all the books you can. Watch all the Twitch streams of whichever poker player you enjoy listening to. Just absorb as much information as you can, and over time, by playing many hands of poker, you will slowly but surely begin to learn the nuances of this game and begin to improve. Once you have confidence, then you can move over the real money side of things and begin to play "for real". Good luck and best wishes!!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a beginner player, I would advise you not to play with your own money right away. Otherwise, you will be very disappointed in poker. Be patient and play with the goal of getting your first bankroll with a freeroll. And then if you start playing for money, follow the bankroll rule and you will have enough money for a lot of games.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn poker math to quickly calculate the odds in your mind.
Patience, be patient.
Play tight, play mega tight.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is very important to start with freerolls. Try to create a bankroll by playing in freerolls. This will allow you to gain experience and improve your skills. Good luck.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly recommend the 30 days course here on CC. It's a really nice and solid introduction to the game.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way is to start playing freeroll. And there are also many players broadcasting their matches via twitch.
I saw that you are Brazilian and have good Brazilian players transmitting on twitch, Lui Martins is one of them, he explains some concepts of the game.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more and hope for your chance of a big win. If the map goes well, you should not hope that this will be the whole tournament. You do not need to invest all the chips if there is a chance of losing. Allin is when you win 100%.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make sure you go through this Cardschat's course, you will get a lot of advices there, and you'll mostly learn about odds and strategies. Which is totally necessary to be a good player. :)

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way is to start playing freeroll. And there are also many players broadcasting their matches via twitch.
I saw that you are Brazilian and have good Brazilian players transmitting on twitch, Lui Martins is one of them, he explains some concepts of the game.
Thanks Bro! ;)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play a simple and tight game at first. There’s nothing wrong with being patient while playing. I’m a big proponent of TAG style (tight aggressive ) and often will pick my spots carefully. Once I do get a good hand I am very aggressively playing it. I recommend not being too loose unless you amass a good amount of chips. Raise and reraise (3 or 4 bet) when you get AK or better pairs than TT.

Paying attention to your table mates (especially the ones perceived as good player’s) and see how they play their hands. You can learn a lot by watching and paying attention.

Also, watching professional players on streaming platforms such as twitch and YouTube can help you study the game. Obviously they will be doing some next level strategies that may time to incorporate fully into your game but it’s part of learning. Poker is always evolving and we all can always learn something new.

Good luck.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Interesting topic! Found a lot of useful tips! Exactly right now i am going to participate in a series of tournaments with a large number of participants.

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As several others have already stated, study from the CardsChat 30-day training course and absorb as much content on YouTube, Twitch, poker forums, and poker training sites as you can. I also like the idea of playing extremely tight--you may find it to be too tight, and then you can start loosening up little by little until you find a place you feel comfortable and is profitable in terms of acquiring chips.

Regarding what stakes you are going to play, it's totally up to you--a lot of people are recommending freerolls or even play chips, which is not a bad recommendation to start, but I feel (from personal experience) that you somewhat have to re-learn how to play in real money stakes compared to freerolls and play chip games; therefore, it's not a bad idea to play some super micros (approx. $3 buy-ins or less). However, the key here is bankroll management--professionals recommend that your bankroll (the money you are willing to lose) is 100x your average buy-in for SNGs and 300x your average buy-in (ABI) for MTTs (e.g., if you were to start with a $100 bankroll, you should abide by a $1 ABI for SNGs and a $0.30 ABI for MTTs). Most importantly, only play with money you are willing to lose, and do not jeopardize your financial situation. Once you start figuring out how to play and which stakes you can be profitable, your bankroll will compound upon itself.

Cheers, and good luck!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is right to start playing the cash game, it will allow you to feel how to play 1vs1 correctly. When it comes to tournaments, the best advice is to avoid all-in at the table in any way. The early stage of the tournament is great for playing a wider range of hands. Very bad cards, of course, not worth playing. Do not try to bluff this is a simple right, but very important! Try to analyze the game of your opponents correctly, study very carefully how they play and do not avoid the situation of making a fold, perhaps stupid and wrong, but at a long distance it will teach you and allow you to better understand the game at the table and save your chips. The middle stage of the tournament, you need to be sure to increase your stack, relative to the average bank of the tournament, to feel confident to fight for prizes :)

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the blinds grow and there is more money in the pot learn to open up your range, play more hands, and stay ahead of the blinds.