SNG Equity & ROI: Understanding Key Poker Tournament Concepts (VIDEO)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From defining Equity and ROI in poker SNGs and tournaments, how to use game selection to capitalize on ROI, and combining the two concepts for optimum effect, Poker Experts and CardsChat Ambassadors Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier talk us through some key poker tournament concepts that you can apply to either MTTs or Sit-N-Goes.

Check out the video, and don't forget to click that subscribe button!

Last edited:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for posting this video Tammy, if anyone has questions or comments please feel free to give them here :)

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Didactic video with some laughs from Katie to complement the explanation of the subject. The main thing is choosing the best tournaments for your level of play will help you to increase your profit.

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of difference between playing MTT or playing SNG, since one imagines that they are two different calculations at the time of taking out the ROI .. and thanks to this video it explains well, very explicitly and above all it extends very well ,,, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didactic video with some laughs from Katie to complement the explanation of the subject. The main thing is choosing the best tournaments for your level of play will help you to increase your profit.

Aw, thanks! Glad to hear :)

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A good introductory video about the fundamentals of ROI.

Of course, there is difference between playing MTTS and playing SnGs. I struggled with the concept of ROI at my first years playing poker, and it costed me a lot of deep run in some events.

To be honest, it takes a lot of practice to finally acquire a solid grasp of this concept.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
In general the use of the term 'equity' is quite loose these days. You can here it in Twitch streams where a tournament player is thinking his next move and concidering if this or that decision gives him enough equity, when in reality he is actually thinking his pot odds vs outs.

This kind of information can make your head spin, especially if you are a novice.

The video takes another approach towards equity and gives a correct explanation how the value of chips changes during a tournament, but since it doesn't explain the other possible uses of term it can leave a noob hanging.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
hear it, not here it [emoji12] That was brain fart even by my non-native speaking standards.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for the video has helped me a lot, I like to play 9 or 10 player sngs, and this video helped me improve my game.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SNG Equity & ROI: Understanding Key Poker Tournament Concepts (VIDEO)

Thank you very much for the video has helped me a lot, I like to play 9 or 10 player sngs, and this video helped me improve my game.

That’s great to hear/here [emoji6] Ammje!

And Nafour—don’t be so hard on yourself :) I think your English is very impressive!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
An austere and apt video, very helpfull for Equity and ROI. Equity and ROI are like a danger bell for our games, showing us that we must change something to return to profit.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Nice quick fun video explaining the basics of ROI and Equity. I am always happy when someone busts before me. Are you gaining equity if you are not past the bubble though. I do like that you can find so many free ICM charts online. I am a recreational player, so sometimes these calculations can get to be a bit much.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After watching the video, my understanding of equity and ROI increased very much. I didn't understand some of the details, but now I understand them. Thank you for explaining everything in simple language

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Interesting, ROI and ICM are important concepts, but I searched and don't see much people doing videos about that, anyway this is a great content, thank you Colin and Katie for share your knowledge with us
Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_25x25.png

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting, ROI and ICM are important concepts, but I searched and don't see much people doing videos about that, anyway this is a great content, thank you Colin and Katie for share your knowledge with us
Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_25x25.png

Awesome, I’m so happy that you enjoyed it! :)

J

JNC1031

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the helpful and informative video! I am going to start tracking my results so I have an understanding of what my ROI is!

Last edited:
Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent explanation, I really liked the video explained by these great professionals, I love hearing Katie's laugh, I loved the concept (How to maximize our equity) and (Understandings Key Torney Concepts ) Thank you for the video

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is really no other way to increase ROI without studying hard and trying to get to know the field. Sit and go is excellent for mastering various poker skills.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent explanation, I really liked the video explained by these great professionals, I love hearing Katie's laugh, I loved the concept (How to maximize our equity) and (Understandings Key Torney Concepts ) Thank you for the video

Awww [emoji4] that’s really nice to hear, thank you!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good video, but very short. If you play poker seriously, you are unlikely to learn anything new. These are just the basics of the strategy that every player who wants to achieve something usually learns.

S

scofield1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good video by collin and katie to learn the basics of sng's equity and roi for begginers to make more profits, i like the simplicity of explaining the main goal of the video bu both kattie and collin, great job guys

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good understanding of explained very well about equity and its important concept and ROI. These tools that we often leave aside, are very important to become professional in poker.
I particularly liked it a lot, but I have some difficulty in following standards and manuals and with time in practice I am very good at it.

Last edited:
redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey knowing the math is important!

The last CC freeroll I played left me in pain. Had I given some thought to my equity, being 36th out of 38 players and only two players to bust out before the money - I probably would have made a better decision. The situation at the time was, me holding AKo and I was short stacked so I shoved.

The next time I am in that situation, I will lean more to folding based on my equity.

My question is simple - how does equity work in a freeroll!

I did not pay. How does that affect the mathematics - just curious :).

This was a wonderful video and explained with a healthy dose of humour.

Thank you guys.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is clear. But as it has been noted before, there is one simple and curious question:
My question is simple - how does equity work in a freeroll!
I did not pay. How does that affect the mathematics - just curious :).

Last edited: