SNG 9 Handed - early game

S

SirSferreira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This post is to discuss early games in SNG 9 handed. I prefer a supertight game playing only in position.

P

Predatorkc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too, specially because in the early blinds theres not much money on the pot, so is an unecessary risk. I know players that only start to play on the bubble and have some success.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would concur with the above... Early on there is very little info on opponents usually... I'm only playing Premium hands in the first few deals... Wait a while to see where the fish are... Make sure it isn't me LOL.....

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only play tight. Gets the information that your opponents are giving. Remember, in the game, your objective is enter in the money. Missing four to get out, use your table image to get the money of the bubble.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends, at higher stakes the only real place you gain an edge on the field is in the early game. but in most lower stakes games you are best just chilling. However playing like 8/8 is pretty retarded in the early game, open it up to like 15 something at a minimum. dont be an absolute nit or you won't learn anything and you will be stuck playing like a robot with no real idea of what to do in a lot of spots.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight for sure. Too many players and too many possible hands to do it otherwise. Plus, having a tight image doesn't hurt later on when you do decide to steal/bluff/semi-bluff.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games