Small Budget Tournaments

F

fraggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there guys,

after almost half a year i finally come back to poker, huh, life was hard.
So since I may stay in my bed like forever due to a surgery I wanted to ask what kind of tips concerning small budget Tournaments you would give me?
Like, play one after one, play 2 or more at the same time, play only from certain providers, I would love to get your general experiences, expectations and further more information from you for the start of my poker career ;)

Thanks in Advance

Fraggy

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can easily get $1,000 guaranteed per $0.50 cents buy-in at ACR. Look for sats. into the biggest tournaments around as tournaments have high fixed costs.

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can easily get $1,000 guaranteed per $0.50 cents buy-in at ACR. Look for sats. into the biggest tournaments around as tournaments have high fixed costs.

Can you clarify? Are you saying it's easy to satellite into a $1k Guarantee tournament for fifty cents? What tournament do you look for?

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of the low buy in there will be a lot of loose play at the beg.do not look to bluff, its like playing microstakes cash games, you are looking to get value for your hands.

I would not play more than one at a time. If you get knocked out, then start a new one then. Big MTTs are fun but harder to reach the final table, but the big cash prizes are tempting, however, smaller MTTs with lower prizes are smaller fields and give you a better chance at making final table and gaining that experience.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you clarify? Are you saying it's easy to satellite into a $1k Guarantee tournament for fifty cents? What tournament do you look for?

Like Mondays on ACR there is the Maniac Monday $1,000 guaranteed for $0.50. Half the battle with tournaments is finding a high value tournament. ACR is bleeding value with the $1.10 On Demand MDS Million 1 seat guaranteed Sit-N-Gos they average about 50 players.

I am saying you can get tournaments for $0.26 cents on the $1,000 guaranteed. Only play the biggest tournaments as tournaments have high fixed costs. Stay away from cash games as they are super skill based will MTT's are gambling.:cool:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look for promo tournaments...they are an extra value.I got 7 accounts spread across 7 different rooms which I play on. Sometimes the room is not worth investing a penny in sometimes I deposit.Point is avoid the run of the mill tournaments.

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like Mondays on ACR there is the Maniac Monday $1,000 guaranteed for $0.50. Half the battle with tournaments is finding a high value tournament. ACR is bleeding value with the $1.10 On Demand MDS Million 1 seat guaranteed Sit-N-Gos they average about 50 players.

I am saying you can get tournaments for $0.26 cents on the $1,000 guaranteed. Only play the biggest tournaments as tournaments have high fixed costs. Stay away from cash games as they are super skill based will MTT's are gambling.:cool:

Thanks for clarifying that. Satellites are really good. I'll look for the ones you mentioned.

Just curious have you ever gotten into the MDS via $1.10 Sat? That would be awesome.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look for timid players and bully them out of pots.

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a great promo on 888 where new players get $7($1/day) tickets to spend on MTTs. Try signing up with them and see how that goes for you. The fields are also smaller so it will be good if you are just starting and building a strategy.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got in via the worst freeroll on thursdays with 600 players, no rebuy no add-on ever just straight ownage. They are pretty soft tournaments just have a hand everytime and youll do good stick to c-bets for bluffs only.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play a small buy-in Omaha/Omaha8 tournament. The number of players is usually small.
Very few know how to play the game well. :icon_thum

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play one at a time so that you can get a good feel for each tournament . You will find the ones you like and the ones that you don't . Then go from ther . Good luck with poker and your recovery .

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember smaller buy in tourneys have the newest players and the biggest upsets too!

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there guys,

after almost half a year i finally come back to poker, huh, life was hard.
So since I may stay in my bed like forever due to a surgery I wanted to ask what kind of tips concerning small budget Tournaments you would give me?
Like, play one after one, play 2 or more at the same time, play only from certain providers, I would love to get your general experiences, expectations and further more information from you for the start of my poker career ;)

Thanks in Advance

Fraggy

Brother ... it's a pity that it happened .. hold on ..
Play in one - a maximum of two tournaments .. concentration more ...
The main thing - do not rush ... quietly ... very carefully .. as step by step ...
Better to play on Saturdays and Sundays .. in all poker houses prizes more than on ordinary days ...
Good luck with poker ...)

:five:

O

one3one

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you really are located in germany, play on party poker or pokerstars, your game selection and available tourneys will be astounding. Plus Pokerstars in particular has a ton of on-demand MTTs which seem to be right up your alley.

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding small buy tournaments. You need to watch out for the players who will play any 2 cards and try and get lucky. When you come into opponents who are calling stations, you should try and minimize the amount of chips you put in the middle. Also the only way to get better is to play the hands and make sure you learn from the hands that give you a difficult time.